Finally bought it.,....

Associate
finally I bought my computer from a PC store....

the specs....

Genuine WIndows XP Meia Center Edition 2005 with update ROllup2
Intel Pentium D Processor 940 DUal core
2GB DDR2-SDRAM
400GB (2X200GB) Serial ATA 3G hard drive (7200rpm)Incl 7GB Partition for system recovery
HP Personal Media Drive
DVD drive 16x max
DVD writer Double Layer R/RW 16x/8x Max supporting lightscribe technology
NVIDA GeForce 7600GS - 512MB videa Memort
IEEE 1394 Fire wire???
Wireless LAN
Microsoft Works 8.0
TV thing....
A remote controller
9in1Memory card reader
Wireless Keyboard and optical mouse
Intel High defination audio 7.1

phew... that was a long list... are these worth the 1200quids

also it cam with a office and a antivirus for 100

Associate
I reckon this is a wind up, theres no way you'd pay that much for that spec then come to overclockers to tell us about it.....

Permabanned
Why does nobody believe him?
It would cost about £1000 to build the same system from ocuk.

But i'll agree with everyone else, I don't think it was worth the £1200. You could have got a intel core 2 duo and a better graphics card for the same money

Soldato
£1000 to build the same system? lol...... i just spec'ed most of it up in the basket, and if i knew the exact parts i could post it here, but otherwise its an unfair comparison. Either way, it easily came under £1000. Thats including Xpert £200 DDR2.

I have a little compassion, but OC do their own systems cheaper and better then what he got above.

Its like buying a hifi, then chatting to all your mates who build seperates about how great it is.

A feel for the guy i do, but you have to expect to have the **** taken a little if you go the expensive route then ask people what they think. If a mate paid £1000000 for a new Ferarri and you just brought one the same secondhand at half the price, i'm sure you'd have a dig wouldnt you?

Associate
OP
well./.. with 2 year warrenty, and an expansive speaker... (thats already 200quid gone)

anyway... didn't have a limited amount of money (good old parents)

so.... don't kill me about it....

Associate
youve bought a Hewlett Packard PC from the big purple store havent you;), as it stands most HP media centre machines are expensive, but they do have fantastic build quality and some neat features... granted a far quicker machine could have been built, but for your average joe, who doesnt want to build or overclock, this is a great machine....

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Go on, give us some pics! would love to see this baby. Maybe we can learn you how to benchmark, then see what the difference is from a built one from here or something, then we can really get a comparasin? :o

Associate
OP
zen62619 said:
Go on, give us some pics! would love to see this baby. Maybe we can learn you how to benchmark, then see what the difference is from a built one from here or something, then we can really get a comparasin? :o

I'm restraining my self from opening it till I get to my skl

Associate
I got a P3 1.0ghz from [A Very Crappy Popular-For-Ppl that know nothing retailer] in front of me

Came with Windows ME :D

My PC I built last year from here, has exploded.

Last edited:
Associate
oops fixed :D

futher edit: the reason why my Pc from here exploded is thanks to girly + ddr booster + putting pc on when i was out; not saying their hardware is bad :D but sometimes an amazing PC just doesnt do what a joe bloggs will keep doing :).

Back
Top Bottom