• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Strange 3dMark 06 Score

Associate
OP
OK now that run a lot better with 5797, instead of the 4778 i was getting. Now if i just sort the driver issue.

Strange because on this run i got to see what was going on in the canyon flight and deep freeze test where as i use to just get a white screen with the test stats at the bottom.

Soldato
lol mate still quite low.

disable v sync if its on, and put all sliders to the left, aa & af to app controlled, enable catalyst ai.

try again.

Soldato
AS mentioned they still seem very low

Is there something in the bios you have not enabled maybe.

I would estimate you should be looking at 7000 - 8000 atleast

Associate
OP
Thanks

Just Posting to say i have finally sorted it i have just got 9200 on 3dmark 06. Ended up re-installing everything including XP with cat6.8.

well chuffed now. And once again cheers guys for the help ;) ;) ;)

Caporegime
Wardy247 said:
Just Posting to say i have finally sorted it i have just got 9200 on 3dmark 06. Ended up re-installing everything including XP with cat6.8.

Nice one, thats more like it, glad your sorted. :)

Soldato
Wardy247 said:

Thats an incredible score for a X2 4400

I squeeze past 10k with beta 6.9's just installed (with unclocked cards) on the rig below.

So hopefully should get around 11k or so when I clock them later

Permabanned
Good Luck Clocking Crossfire. Its not as easy as you would think.

With my X6800 at 3.64Ghz and a small (puny) clock on the cards it went over 11k.

;)

Soldato
iViper said:

With my X6800 at 3.64Ghz and a small (puny) clock on the cards it went over 11k.

;)

With 6.8's installed I was able to get a hefty increase of around 1100 3dMark06 points over a stock result when clocking - ok admittedly I am unsure which card this was oc'ing or whether it was both, but over 3 mdmark runs that was the average increase, which wasnt bad.

Obviously it may not work this well again, but a 14% increase isnt bad (from around 8800 to 10027 or something) but will advise later on when I am back home

PS that was also with the infamous Zero display error occuring during installation of Cat 6.9's also - I am guessing thats something to do with the crossfire cable attached though, looks more dramatic than it actually is I personally think.

Last edited:
Soldato
iViper said:

;)

Just thought I would update you, as stated above with 6.8 Cats I could overclock a little and get about a 10% improvement on my 3dmark06 score

With 6.9's however I actually get a Decrease in performance so bad that even with ten lousy MHZ oc on the gpu i get severe blocking / artifacts on the first 3dmark 06 test , one run I completed actually made my score go down 50 marks or so

Really gutted but I guess I could try a voltage increase or non-standard cooler if needed, but really thought I would get a little something extra , but it wasnt to be )-:

Back
Top Bottom