Browzar

Soldato
OP
Yeah, Firefox portable has already been all setup for privacy. Doesn't store downloads, doesn't store cache, history etc. & you can optionally turn off cookies.

I'd much rather see internet cafes use Firefox (or FF Portable) than Browzar (although I never use internet cafes, but that was one of Browzars main suggestions)... Browzar is too simple for me I think.

Soldato
From BBC
''Stiff competition

However, some computer experts say they have already identified flaws in Browzar. Scott Hanselman, writing on his blog Computer Zen, claims to have been able to find records of websites he had visited with the program installed. ''

I loled at that headline, immature i know

Soldato
OP
Eliot said:
From BBC
''Stiff competition

However, some computer experts say they have already identified flaws in Browzar. Scott Hanselman, writing on his blog Computer Zen, claims to have been able to find records of websites he had visited with the program installed. ''

index.dat :)

Permabanned
It isn't true that it 'doesn't store' history and so on; it simply deletes it afterwards, which means it can leave traces. So for anyone who needs an absolute guarantee of privacy, it is no good.

Permabanned
lowrider007 said:
I've read most of those articles before and tbh I think a lot of them are an over reaction, I've never had any problems with it myself.
Define 'problems'. Have you had the authorities run forensic software to recover traces of which sites you have visited? ;)

Permabanned
lowrider007 said:
lol no, and tbh I would'nt really trust any browser to be that secure but just to stop family/friends eyes from accendently envading your privacy I think it's good enough.
For the latter level of privacy, simply deleting your history and so on is sufficient. Or simply setting IE or FF not to save history, or to use a disk cache.

Any browser which writes any details to the hard drive is not secure. I just don't think it is right that browsers such as Browzar should purport to safeguard your privacy when they don't.

Back
Top Bottom