Yet another fleabay thread

Soldato
I sold a pair of trainers on the auction sight(brand new, boxed) and i made a mistake while listing them - i put them under mens instead of women. In the item description i did not say they were mens but now the buyer has contacted me after his son found a label inside saying their womens(thats when i realised my mistake). He wants something to be done about it.

I said fair enough i will refund you if the trainers are in their original condition, but they were not as his son had worn them numerous times..

I said i can't do anything with them as they have been worn and the box has been thrown out, but i also told him that he should have checked on his side of things to ensure the trainers were the right ones(male) then informed me. I also apologized and suggested he try selling them on ebay maybe..

He replied back, saying his son has no use for womens trainers(these are k-swiss trainers btw) and that i should have checked them(true). He also said that he will inform ebay if something is not done.

This leaves me with a few choices..either i refund him partially or leave it..what should i do? what other alternatives can i offer him?...apparantly this guy is "aggresive"(feedback).

Suspended
gam3r said:
I sold a pair of trainers on the auction sight(brand new, boxed) and i made a mistake while listing them - i put them under mens instead of women. In the item description i did not say they were mens but now the buyer has contacted me after his son found a label inside saying their womens(thats when i realised my mistake). He wants something to be done about it.

I said fair enough i will refund you if the trainers are in their original condition, but they were not as his son had worn them numerous times..

I said i can't do anything with them as they have been worn and the box has been thrown out, but i also told him that he should have checked on his side of things to ensure the trainers were the right ones(male) then informed me. I also apologized and suggested he try selling them on ebay maybe..

He replied back, saying his son has no use for womens trainers(these are k-swiss trainers btw) and that i should have checked them(true). He also said that he will inform ebay if something is not done.

This leaves me with a few choices..either i refund him partially or leave it..what should i do? what other alternatives can i offer him?...apparantly this guy is "aggresive"(feedback).

they were good enough for him to wear the first few times while he didnt know what sex they were for.

He's just being an arse cos he doesn't want to wear girls shoes.
You're in the right.
Can't say how ebay will see it though.

Soldato
OP
I thought so too but im not completely sure. I know its not the point but its near impossible to tell a pair of womens k-swiss trainers from mens. I told him i would have offered the full refund+postage refund+postage back to me if he had just checked on the box or inside the trainer label. He is waiting for my response, should i hold this stance?

Thanks

Suspended
I would stand your ground. They have been worn and you cannot refund. He should have tried them on indoors to check everything was ok first. IMHO it is way to late for them to start crying refund now they have found the label.
It seemed to have made little difference when he was wearing them. If their view is right then they could have dont the same thing 6 months down the line!

Soldato
crystaline said:
they were good enough for him to wear the first few times while he didnt know what sex they were for.

He's just being an arse cos he doesn't want to wear girls shoes.
You're in the right.
Can't say how ebay will see it though.
yeah thats just what i was thinking. tbh personally if i hadnt even noticed i would probably just keep on wearing them.

i say leave it. like you said, the guy should have checked they were ok before they were used.

Associate
Would a retailer, high street or online, accept back a worn pair of footwear. No, of course not. Don't offer a partial refund as that shows you are weak or believe your position to be weak.

Tell him the trainers were wrongly labeled :D

Soldato
gam3r said:
Thanks guys, you lot are really good. :D

Hope ebay see it the same way though.

No problems mate :)

I can't see how eBay can see it any other way - the only way I can see it being a problem is if he had not left the feedback yet... but because he has, I doubt hes got a leg to stand on.

/Edit: Tell him that his son should consider becoming a cross dresser :p

Soldato
eBay will do nothing and since hes left you feedback just say hes trying it on for some cash back :)

I remember trying on a pair of Nike trainers in the hype of Nike being the coolest/best things to have on your feet, parents go "you do realise these are womens trainers...?"

I go "yeah, I like them" and we bought them :D
Lasted me ages

:D

Soldato
I don't think Ebay will do anything.

However, i do feel sorry for the person.

YOU did incorrectly list the items.
YOU said that they are hard to tell apart, so when he checked he would have also found it hard to tell and unwittingly not noticed.
Now HE is stuck with girls trainers, and you've got your cash.

Not really fair is it?

Soldato
rossyl said:
I don't think Ebay will do anything.

However, i do feel sorry for the person.

YOU did incorrectly list the items.
YOU said that they are hard to tell apart, so when he checked he would have also found it hard to tell and unwittingly not noticed.
Now HE is stuck with girls trainers, and you've got your cash.

Not really fair is it?

He guy did wear them on a few occasions and he didn't mind when he did know... so whats the problem now :p

Plus a lesson learnt for next time - when you buy something, check it out before leaving feedback!

Back
Top Bottom