Stu-pid riding

Soldato
average rider with massive self belief and obviously thinks he's indestructable. you get riders like this and it often dosent end well! He obviously isnt a bad rider, but you just cant ride like that on the road, nothing wrong with the odd wheelie and that, but some of those overtakes were appauling, would he be able to stop/adjust if something changed, it is not stationary objects he is negotiating!
All it takes is some driver to sneese or some one to pull out beacause it will be clear when he looks to see if anything is coming, you cover a lot of ground at 180!, how many drivers expect something to be doing that speed , no one will see them coming!
Nothing wrong with riding quick (I'm no slouch), but the words time and place come to mind.
Hopefully he wont find out he isn't immortal the hard way. Gotta love the gatso burning though, cool music too!

It dosent actually look like he is going that fast though, Reckon he has changed the gearing on the speedo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
It dosent actually look like he is going that fast though, Reckon he has changed the gearing on the speedo.

I can guarantee you that speedo is accurate, it's done via GPS, not off the bike itself.

Associate
Just like the drexel ring road ricers vid that everyone instantly jizzed over, but this no the rider is the devil child killer ;)

Associate
Ghost Rider may do silly speeds on the roads, but atleast Ghost Riders riding is skilled and calculated with a good level of self preservation (from what I have seen).

The link video in this thread seems to be more a demonstration of wrecklesness and total disregard for other motorists by means of dubious overtakes. I am not saying Ghost Rider is a saint but atleast his riding isn't quite so wreckless.

On the plus side music was good.

Soldato
Having lost a good friend on a ride out a few weeks ago, stayed with him after the accident and knew there was not a damn thing I could have done for him, I find the riding in this video incredibly stupid:-

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2006/08/18/newsstory8662787t0.asp

http://www.bikersoracle.com/rsv/forum/showthread.php?t=5591

It's not until something happens to you on a ride out, this tragic, that you begin to re-evalute life and mortality. I'm still in shock, truth be told, and I'm finding it hard to get my head around the loss.

Sure, have fun on bikes out on the roads, exceed the speed limit, everyone does on bikes. But there's a time and a place and most of the riding I have just witnessed is going to result, eventually and not too far away, in a serious mess.

Not just for the rider having "fun" ,but for everyone he/she leaves behind.

My mate's wife cant see anyway out of the loss she has suffered and I cant do a thing to ease even a fraction of the pain.

I have a fear not only for the people involved in the production of that DVD, but also for the "copycats" who may well strap a vid camera to their bikes and try and emulate them after watching this, on UK roads.

It's funny up until a point.

The point where the police officer is walking up the pathway to the widows front door.

Just my perspective and I apologise if some of you feel I may be over reacting, but what happened a few weeks ago is burned into my mind and will stay with me forever.

Ride safe folks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree with you mate.

Like I said, I don't condone any of their actions at all and I fear that the same will eventually happen to them...and only then will this certain group reconsider their actions.

Soldato
Draeger said:
Just my perspective and I apologise if some of you feel I may be over reacting, but what happened a few weeks ago is burned into my mind and will stay with me forever.

Ride safe folks.

not at all mate very true, mostriders on this forum sound like they have their head screwed on like you. I think you got it spot on, if he wants to be a tool then let him kill himself, but he will wreck the lives of his family/friends, and those of anyone involved in his crash, also those and the family's of those who think its cool and try to copy him.

Ghostrider I can respect from what I have seen, although highly illegal he looks in control of the bike and plans well ahead, slowing when neccesary, and is an awesome rider, I hope it dosent end in tears for him, but it seems much less likely than the tool in the vid.

Associate
Wow at 2.50 - that could have been fatal. The car coming the other way may have had to stamp on the brakes there. At least when you have a motorcyclist being a dumbass 9 times out of ten they pay the price, but with a car it's not always the same. Was just reading about Naseem coming out of prison today, and his vicim with one leg 2" shorter than other.

Last edited:
Associate
i have watched the video and i think it gives the saftey talaban all the ammo they need to try to influence the law makers.the moves which were made a lot over double white lines and chevrons and junctions and undertaking were unsafe and the car chase was maddness.it looks like that they decided to go out one day with state mind to endanger others and to risk there own lifes ,i like to drive fast and i admit that i have made overtaking moves that with hindsight were risky but you learn from them but thes prats are putting darwin theory to the test and giving riders a very bad name.

Back
Top Bottom