Had my bike stolen in 20 mins!

Soldato
as said the combo locks are mostly rubbish, like mrgubby I've opened quite a few in my time for friends but not sure you'd get away trying to do it on the street with people walking about.

Only nearly had my bike nicked once and that was straight out the garage in daylight. Was in the front room at the time and spotted two kids stop at the top of the drive, saw one run down the drive and instally I sprinted out the front door and caught up with the kid on the bike just round the corner :D always put the bike in a very high gear so it stops them sprinting off fast.

Soldato
I have never had a lock and left my bike outside the newsagents/post office many a time and never had it stolen, I must be very lucky.

Had a few mates whose bikes have been nicked while in the shop in our village, never been found!

It isnt a crap bike too if your wondering! :)

pax

pax

Associate
CSGAS said:
Just outside Wilko's by the dominos esque telephone boxes. A very busy area as you'll know!

Where do you work? I'll come in and ask lots of awkward questions...

I know it well, and have locked my bike (Specialized 2006 Sirrus Sport) up there lots of times without issues.

I work in CI Tower, not retail, but I can always be found up and down the street between offices,

Pax

Associate
Amp34 said:
Hehe beat me to it. :p

Twas fun when that came out, all these people boasting about their brilliant locks then one news article scared the pants off them. :D

If you have an expensive bike datatag it. It only costs £20 (approx) and if yur bike is stolen you can report it missing. Then if your bike is recovered the police can scan it and find out who it belongs too. Not a replacement for a decent lock and insurance but usefull for the price. :)

i had the data tag on my old bike it got nicked but it only helps if they find the bike. with a bike thats worth a lot they arnt likely to find the bike. the police have found no trace of my £2k cove :(

Back
Top Bottom