Outlook 2007 (Beta) Not rendering

Vai

Vai

Soldato
Running some kind of email virus checking? If so its possible it has nuked all your emails.

Try swapping out your old .pst file for a new one, disabling your AV and sending yourself a test message. If you recieve it ok then that is your problem.

Otherwise try waiting for the technical refresh, which should be out late next week.

Vai

Vai

Soldato
Blackvault said:
where is the .pst file?

Blackvault

C:\docs + settings\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook

If you move it out of the folder, Outlook should prompt you to make a new one when you open it (therefore backing up your old emails incase they can be recovered)

Associate
Do you have Word 2007 installed? I think Outlook uses the rendering engine that is part of Word 2007. I'm not using it myself but this is what a mate told me. I've left a msg for him to get back to me if it is any different to this.

Vai

Vai

Soldato
Blackvault said:
I haven't got a .pst file in that location :confused:

Blackvault

Try doing a search for it (remembering to click to include hidden files + folders, system folders etc), it will normally be called Outlook.pst

If you don't have a .pst file that will be your problem, the .pst file stores all your emails, so no pst = no emails.

Soldato
OP
Vai said:
Try doing a search for it (remembering to click to include hidden files + folders, system folders etc), it will normally be called Outlook.pst

If you don't have a .pst file that will be your problem, the .pst file stores all your emails, so no pst = no emails.

Well I am recieving emails :mad:

Blackvault

Associate
i had this problem earlier today! a tempory fix it to delete the .ost file and start again.

but the culprit is AVG - ive uninstalled it and its now working fine. if you have AVG installed then i guess it might be that.

(Im using outlook to connect to my uni exchange server over http)

Back
Top Bottom