Sock Gnomes!!!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
The Dirty little buggers have been at it again :(

In the last 2 days ive spent something like 15-20 minutes looking for a Pair of socks only to find 11 socks with no partners :eek:
I ended up wearing my Soccer socks because i couldnt find a pair of socks :p

Anyone else been having trouble with Sock Gnomes lately?

Soldato
Zip said:
The Dirty little buggers have been at it again :(

In the last 2 days ive spent something like 15-20 minutes looking for a Pair of socks only to find 11 socks with no partners :eek:
I ended up wearing my Soccer socks because i couldnt find a pair of socks :p

Anyone else been having trouble with Sock Gnomes lately?

Heh, the sock divorce courts have been busy! :rolleyes:

Associate
sixteen pairs of socks with no partners here and to top it off i did what siriusb suggests and bought some pairs of black only socks to counter the problem... 2 x five packs of black socks have dissapeared. I brought them home from tesco sat them in the bedroom and from there they have vanished, neither me nor my partner can find them..

Soldato
I reckon every time you find an odd sock pin it to your bedroom wall, so if any other odd ones turn up then you can see at a glance if its pair is there.

Alternatively, get hold of some of that pattern recognition software and build up a database of your sock collection so if an odd one turns up you can take a picture and it'll match it with a sock and tell you whether its in the wash, on your floor, or on your foot. Yeah that'd be way cool.

Soldato
hehehehehe i buy a couple of new packs of socks every month or so... saves me having to worry about odd socks when you have a few hundred :)

i think my record so far is to go through about 20 socks without finding a match

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I bought a pack of ten identical pairs of sports socks a few months ago. I now have just five of the original twenty socks left. It's ridiculous - there's only me and one housemate and he'd know they weren't his if he found them.

Soldato
Every 6 months I replace all of my socks with brand new identical black ones.

A week after I did the last replacement I counted and 3 were missing already. Why an odd number? I wouldn't mind if I had 2 missing cos then I'd still have pairs.

Associate
Where do all the socks go?, and why?. One of lifes unexplained I'm afraid. Colour your feet in with a marker pen upto your ankles. Job done.

Soldato
You could get some of those plastic clips and clip them together before you throw them in the wash but, then that would just be a bit weird. You seen any kids with sock puppets near your house ? :p

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I'm currently trying to trap my local sock gnomes with some jam smeared on a cracker that is attached to a complex system of cogs and pulleys in my bathtub. Alas, so far, all attempts at capture have proven to be futile.

For my next attempt, I'm going to actually smear a sock in jam and glue it to the back of my hamster. I will catch these blighters!

Back
Top Bottom