• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia cards... dropping like flies?

Permabanned
Browsing numerous forums I keep seeing threads my 7900 has died... there goes my 7600...

What is going on, its very rare to see an ATI card fail like this.

Admittedly, not every card is expected to work but I would like to think one failing is a minority of them.

What do you guys think?

Suspended
Well, I sure hope my 7900GS is Ok when it arrives! I think the there's still 95% or more of people with no problems at all, but it only takes a small percentage to represent hundreds of people posting all over the web.

Soldato
You know I keep hearing how 7900s are "dropping like flies"..but it all seems to be rumours.

How many people have you actually known to have this problem? Because I know of at least 25+ people who own 7900 series cards and have never had a problem with them....myself included.

Soldato
don;t forget ati has had thier fair share of problems with the 9800 series of cards.

i guess everything is made in china and tiwan these days and it goes to show.

Caporegime
Nope they aint been fixed mate, as i said they aint bothered to fix them as they have killed em off and replaced em with the new 7900 GS etc..., thats the only reason they recalled the 6800 Ultras when they were all just melting, they were not EOL'ing em, why would they bother fixing a card thats now not in production anymore, they would'nt.

To be fair they were trying to fix them, as they did think it was the memory, and so changed that to Infineon, but they were still the same so suspected the voltage regulators, but now they wont ever be fixed as the 7900 GS has replaced them.

Last edited:
Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Its well known that the 7900's are borked, and they aint bothered to fix them as they have now replaced them with the 7900 GS etc...

you cant say that they all are borked, for every 1 that dies a hundred might have been sold and are working fine.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Its well known that the 7900's are borked, and they aint bothered to fix them as they have now replaced them with the 7900 GS etc...

Why not take your personal problems with Nvidia to a different forum that no one reads? Your pointless & wrong comments are getting old & boring

Caporegime
Theres loads of ppl onto about their 5th cards and more, you have to see past Nvidia and stop thinking its the great Nvida, they never have any problems at all its impossible not Nvidia, they are the great Nvidia, fact is they do have problems, and will have problems you have to face that fact.

ATi have also had problems in the past like the 9800pro's, im an ATi man at present but hell, even i wouldnt say nah not the great ATi, impossible for ATi they are great, they do not ever make faulty cards, they are far to superior for that etc.... as they aint.

Its just the die hard fanboys who cant stand the fact that Nvida have had a problem, they are seething and defending them like mad, they just worship them.

Last edited:
Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Theres loads of ppl onto about their 5th cards and more, you have to see past Nvidia and stop thinking its the great Nvida, they never have any problems at all its impossible not Nvidia, they are the great Nvidia, fact is they do have problems, and will have problems you have to face that fact.

:|

Yes they do have problems, with a small majority of cards, not EVERY single card.

Loads of people on to their fifth card? Hell, they must be unlucky.

Caporegime
Yes they are V1N is one of them, he's had about 4, as the OP says they are in forum, after forum, and yet they still wont have it, heres all the excuses like posted above, You know I keep hearing how 7900s are "dropping like flies"..but it all seems to be rumours. you see can't stand the fact that beloved Nvidia has had a prob everyones in denial, just face it they messed up, it does happen, will happen again at some point, same goes for ATi they messed up in the past, and will mess up again.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Loadsa money, I agree with most of what you are saying mate.

I have had countless Nvidia cards, and they all overclocked badly, or died after a while, started artifacting etc. They lost it after the GeForce 4 series really.

The X800 killed them for a while, and the X1900 is cheaper and just as good as the 7900GTX. The 7950 has no end of of problems.

ATI cards overclock higher on more common and cheaper cooling, live longer, and offer a higher image quality, with HDR and AA support, all for less money.

Soldato
Loadsamoney, dont bother mate. Its just the same as saying xbox360's have a high failure rate - nobody listens despite what....8? 9 people on these forums alone who are on their 3rd or 4th '360? not worth trying to argue with them mate. You and i both know the real truth.

You know that when the 3rd party manufacturers acknowledge that there really is a problem that things are really bad. but even that's not enough to convince some people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom