waitrose

Soldato
Our nearest supermarket is a waitrose. I don't find that it's necessarily expensive, they just don't bother stocking cheap stuff. You only get a choice between top branded products or their own stuff which is good and priced accordingly.

Soldato
OP
kaiowas said:
Our nearest supermarket is a waitrose. I don't find that it's necessarily expensive, they just don't bother stocking cheap stuff. You only get a choice between top branded products or their own stuff which is good and priced accordingly.
so no "waitrose value" beans then? :D

Associate
Waitrose is definitely one of the best (if not the best) supermarkets around. Good food, well priced, the stores are well kept, tidy etc., and they stock a wide range of products. One reason I prefer it over M&S is that it stocks branded products. However, M&S wins hands down for its 'Ready to Eat' sandwiches, simply amazing!

Overall, you really can't go wrong with Waitrose. :p

Associate
Building a new waitrose in my town, sounds like the food will be a touch better than the slop they used to sell in the Budgens they knocked down to build it.

Associate
waitrose fruit and veg tend to be quite expensive because they mainly sell their special organic stuff. But most things are reasonably priced. My waitrose is one of the cheapest places to go for petrol!

I also work there and you cant go wrong with a bonus every march :cool:

daz

daz

Soldato
toucam said:
Waitrose is sort of like M&S but not as good and as expensive but still rather expensive.

A lot of Waitrose stuff is better than M&S... M&S just seem to advertise better (of late). ;)

Permabanned
I've just got back for the forementioned supermarket, and it is pretty nice I've got to admit, nowhere near as nice as Selfridges though, reminds me of mix between sainsburys and john lewis.

prices where okay, and the range of beers was good :D currently partaking in a Chamai Blue ... hmmmmm alcoholic

Man of Honour
I usually shop at the Waitrose here in Windsor for odds and ends. It's a bit small so I use Tesco for the majority of my shopping but for main ingredients for meals like meats and whatnot, Waitrose are hard to beat as far as supermarkets go.

It's more expensive but you get what you pay for.

Permabanned
Scuzi said:
I usually shop at the Waitrose here in Windsor for odds and ends. It's a bit small so I use Tesco for the majority of my shopping but for main ingredients for meals like meats and whatnot, Waitrose are hard to beat as far as supermarkets go.

It's more expensive but you get what you pay for.

Opposite way round here, the Waitrose is bigger than Tesco's :eek:

Man of Honour
laissez-faire said:
Yes. In fact in our local they go one better, you scan it as you put it IN to your trolley so even less fuss!
Same - Take it off the shelf, scan it, pack it. Job done. No having to handle all the stuff you buy twice like you do at Tesco. Also, you get running totals and alerts whenever you scan something that's on offer.

My only complaint with their system is that the automated till doesn't accept my Waitrose card (it just locks up), so I can't use the automatic till and have to queue. Still way quicker than checking out normally though.

The local Waitrose round here is literally next door to our office. In fact, they knocked down our old office to build it. I can see it from my office window. :)

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I live this far from a Waitrose:
hometowaitrosefh2.jpg

the food is good, the service is nice, and but the Delicatessen and pâtisserie really shine out.

i've not found waitrose to be extortionally expensive, they are a few pence more per item than Tescoes or something, but, if you shop in the late afternoon, they usually have a bunc of items that are approaching their sell-by-date, which they reduce substantially.

all the waitroses i've been to (about 11) have self checkout facilities, where you get a handheld scanner and go about scanning all your items, but you need to have a Waitrose card to use it.

Back
Top Bottom