Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1 *spoilers*

Permabanned
JohnnyG said:
How quick the 'Pool optimism has waned;)

Nah,we can't get any worse,one good result can turn it,sunday hopefully :)
Worrying that we look so tired and lifeless this early on tho.We need a bit of stability in the squad selection really,but with the games we have coming up we aint gonna get it.Back four look ok til someone runs at them,then it all goes **** up,i'm surprised PSV didn't cotton on tbh,we were there for the taking if they'd got Kone in more,he had Carra in his pocket

Soldato
i saw all of the chelsea match , none of the others

i thought breden deserved at least a point, apart from drogbas strike from coles cross, the only 2 chances imo that were goal opportunites, were the 1st goal and the penalty

wheras W B dominated the game at the start of the 2nd half, i believe they would have scored , but cannot understand the reason why he decided to foul drogba, as imo it was going out of play

anyway just my thoughts, feel free to critise (SP)

Associate
A pretty frustrating game...

Think our strikers did pretty well, Bellamy and Kuyt seemed to link up pretty well, and over the season I expect them to gel even better and some more of those passes to come off. Especially impressed with Kuyts movement, getting himself into some good positions and also coming back to help the midfield out.

I think Agger had a great game, looked solid and will be a great replacement for Sami if he carries on improving like this. Carra looked a bit edgy at the start but seemed back to his old self as the game went on.

I think we were pretty poor in midfield, with exception of Sissoko who as usual was working hard all over the pitch (god knows why Benitez took him off, resting for Sunday?). Pennant started out well but he seemed tired in the second half. Think Zenden should've been brough off for definite, didn't seem to do much in getting forward, and seemed to have a generally quiet game.

Bring on the Chelski rent boys!

Soldato
Bayern looked fantastic tonight, the Hargreaves and Van Bommel partnership is full of energy and very busy.

Barca look great again but Levski were very poor.

Inter have a great team on paper but a young Sporting team had more heart.

Roma have improved a lot in the last 6 months.

Valencia look awesome going forward but terrible at the back.

Liverpool seem half a sleep lately, they are suffering an international break hang over.

Chelsea, very efficient, nothing spectacular, still boring to watch.

Soldato
Disappointed in Inter not getting the n however I always knew Lisbon would be a tough side with all the energy and youth in the team. What a disgrace from Vieira, some sort of record! Still I think they should qualify relatively easily...

Fantastic second half performance from Roma, really please with them, Totti's goal was sublime! :cool: Really hope they do well this season, has been a long time coming.

Was just too easy for Barca however still very cavalier and caught out the back on occasions. Ronaldinho, Giuly and Deco were back to tricks again, awesome play by the them.

Don't know what it is with Morientes! Always rated the guy and loved watching him play, he seemed to pop up in just the right places and you could see some of that spark he had at Madrid and Monaco... you just knew he'd score! Great game though.

Soldato
scouse said:
A pretty frustrating game...

Think our strikers did pretty well, Bellamy and Kuyt seemed to link up pretty well, and over the season I expect them to gel even better and some more of those passes to come off. Especially impressed with Kuyts movement, getting himself into some good positions and also coming back to help the midfield out.

I think Agger had a great game, looked solid and will be a great replacement for Sami if he carries on improving like this. Carra looked a bit edgy at the start but seemed back to his old self as the game went on.

I think we were pretty poor in midfield, with exception of Sissoko who as usual was working hard all over the pitch (god knows why Benitez took him off, resting for Sunday?). Pennant started out well but he seemed tired in the second half. Think Zenden should've been brough off for definite, didn't seem to do much in getting forward, and seemed to have a generally quiet game.

Think that just about sums it up for me. Bit disappointed with the performance but the result is ok

Associate
Why do so many people on these forums dislike Gerrard the best player in the Premiership ?
Save your snidey remarks too yourselves you gobby mancs and chelski boys !
YOUR ALL CLOSET STEVIE FANS and your all jealous as **** !! ;)

Soldato
Some news ahead of the Arsenal game tonight..

Arsenal will have a different name on their shirts on Wednesday night.

Hamburg have the same sponsor as Arsène Wenger’s side — Emirates — and regulations insist one side must change. As the away side the visitors will alter their kit, Hamburg will do likewise when they visit London later in the group.

Kit manager Vic Akers has printed up special yellow shirts with “Dubai” in black writing on the front.

It is thought to be the first time this issue has arisen.

Soldato
What do people think of the Utd Celtic game tonight. As much as we gave them a good hiding in pre-season I think this will be a lot closer than some pundits suggest it will be. I think Celtic will want to give a good account of themselves on their first competitive visit to OT.

Im going for Utd to grind out a 2-0 win

(Hoping for a good game of football and winning 4-0)

Soldato
3-0 to Man Utd. I don't think Celtic will turn up mentally or physically.

Giggs, Rooney and Saha will score. :)

Hopefully there will be massive vocal support at Old Trafford to drown out those noisy Celtic fans. ;)

Soldato
Linoge said:
3-0 to Man Utd. I don't think Celtic will turn up mentally or physically.

Giggs, Rooney and Saha will score. :)

Hopefully there will be massive vocal support at Old Trafford to drown out those noisy Celtic fans. ;)

Was driving past there around 8.30 this morning and there was a few on the lash already

Back
Top Bottom