Who said a 205 can never look good?

Permabanned
Those wheels are awful.

How to make a 205 GTi look better:

309 GTi beam and struts for extra track.
1.9 Speedline rims.
Slight hit with 'the stick'.
Stripped interior.
Cage.
Seats.
Harnesses.
Mi16 lump on GSXR-750 TBs and 6" trumpets poking through the grille.

*n

Soldato
-westy- said:
You do realise that the red stripe along the trim is original?

I was just about to say that, I know its original.. mine fell off!

penski said:
Those wheels are awful.

How to make a 205 GTi look better:

309 GTi beam and struts for extra track.
1.9 Speedline rims.
Slight hit with 'the stick'.
Stripped interior.
Cage.
Seats.
Harnesses.
Mi16 lump on GSXR-750 TBs and 6" trumpets poking through the grille.

*n

oh deary me no...

the 205 is at an age now where purity is the key imo.. simple, clean, entertaining, unmodified fun.

I mean its not as if it was slow and if you start pratting around with the wheels/tyres/suspension you start messing with the genius of the original design.

Why gary thinks he can do better than peugots finest I really don't know, I still maintain the 205 was the sweetest handling car I've ever driven.

Soldato
OP
matt100 said:
I was just about to say that, I know its original.. mine fell off!

oh deary me no...

the 205 is at an age now where purity is the key imo.. simple, clean, entertaining, unmodified fun.

I mean its not as if it was slow and if you start pratting around with the wheels/tyres/suspension you start messing with the genius of the original design.

Why gary thinks he can do better than peugots finest I really don't know, I still maintain the 205 was the sweetest handling car I've ever driven.

The thing is though, they're not especially quick in a straight line, my 1.6 takes 8.5 seconds to get to 60 - hardly breathtaking.

With some fettling they can be very quick cars around a track, for example:

Mi16 2.0 16v - good for 165 bhp. mate that with the 1.6 gearbox (short ratio) and a quaife LSD and you're laughing, you'll be able to see off some serious machinery with some skill :)

Soldato
1.9s can get to 60 in under 8 seconds and frankly thats as fast as I'd want to go in as tail happy and wafer thing a car as a 205.

The point is its FUN, and fun isn't denoted purely by speed, the celica I replaced it with as it started falling apart was dull in comparison, the st24 I replaced that with wasn't close, the octavia RS I replaced that with was fun but not as much fun.. only the focus tdci sport that came after that was anywhere near and ironically.. slower than the 205.

Still not buying it, an mi16 will need bigger brakes, different suspension etc etc and imo that will compromise the car..

Not least because the standard 1.9 is an 8v and the mi16 is a 16v, it alters the nature of the drive completely.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I saw this car like the first time I saw many of my girlfriends.

I see the front and I think "wow, she's looking back at me! Shes hot". Then when I see the back with the flacid member tucked between her cheeks and have make her swear on her families life she tells nobody about what's going to happen, becasue I'm always up for something a little different.

I like :)

Soldato
Dup said:
I saw this car like the first time I saw many of my girlfriends.

I see the front and I think "wow, she's looking back at me! Shes hot". Then when I see the back with the flacid member tucked between her cheeks and have make her swear on her families life she tells nobody about what's going to happen, becasue I'm always up for something a little different.

I like :)

jesus christ!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Chav mobile, can't disguise it.

2.jpg

vs
shiny_03.jpg

Hmmm.

I see no fluffy dice and ginger pubes here.

Associate
LOL all you guys do is **** off, i dont like the exhaust or mirrors but i love the wheels they look awesome. Its totally immaculate and a lot of hard work has been done fairplay to the guy who owns it. I bet it rockets aswell...

Permabanned
-westy- said:
The thing is though, they're not especially quick in a straight line, my 1.6 takes 8.5 seconds to get to 60 - hardly breathtaking.

With some fettling they can be very quick cars around a track, for example:

Mi16 2.0 16v - good for 165 bhp. mate that with the 1.6 gearbox (short ratio) and a quaife LSD and you're laughing, you'll be able to see off some serious machinery with some skill :)

Nah - you want the 1.9 'box with the 1.6 Final Drive.

*n

PS: My dad found three N O S (that was blatantly going to get filtered...why can't we abbreviate New Old Stock?) Quaife Diffs in the back of a local garage (who had a couple of 309GTi rally cars back in t'day). Put one on the car, kept one and sold the third for profit :D

matt100 - ANY car can be improved.

*n

Soldato
I'm losing faith in this forum, fast.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would call that chav. Ok, the exhaust doesn't float my boat either, but that car screams function over form to me, something your average chavmobile hasn't got 10% of.

Very disappointed reading that here. :(

Soldato
Lowe said:
I'm losing faith in this forum, fast.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would call that chav. Ok, the exhaust doesn't float my boat either, but that car screams function over form to me, something your average chavmobile hasn't got 10% of.

Very disappointed reading that here. :(

You learn to ignore some members opinions, especially ones who haven't been driving very long and haven't got a clue ;)

Back
Top Bottom