Nintendo Wii Event Times...

Suspended
£179 with a game that's fine what we don't need is the moaners who are saying it's to much just don't go out save your money simple

don't moan it's annoying

Associate
Seems goodish value to me. A 360 core with one game and card would set you back £80 or so more, so on level terms it is good value.

If the games are anything like as inventive as the DS ones, I know I'll be playing if far more than my 360...

Permabanned
~J~ said:
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!

Personally I think it's fair priced, given that this is new technology, looks absolutely stunning, they are offering their back catalogue at a competitive price, updates itself, has a nice selection of "Miidea" (;)) connectivity, comes with Wii sports then all in all a great package.

And for those STILL complaining, consider this...

The price of the console PLUS Wiisports is £179.99.

The price of Wiisports is approx. £29.99.

so you've still got you're Wii at a cost of £150.00 which is exactly what the middle-road speculations were!

Despite the fact that the 'inclusion' of a game has only been annonced in the last few weeks, despite the fact that none of the other consoles have a free game in their launch package, and despite the fact that up until 2 weeks ago most of the 'moaners' on here were only grasping at a price for the console itself, then I think you've got what you want....

Don't you?

Nope :p Why don't they sell the console for £149.99 on its own then?

Caporegime
XPE said:
Atleast the software is a good price

Is it a good price? Lets assume most of the games are 39.99 that is the same as 360 games. Does that really reflect good value?

Most people won't want to admit it but both the USA price and UK price are higher than most anticipated.

In Usa they said something like "Wii will not cost more than $250", they undercut that by 1 cent!!

A full controller set costs more than a game. And games cost the same as 360 games.

I anticipated a slightly higher cost, purely due to the fact Nintendo don't sell anything at a loss.

For me all games should be 34.99 RRP 1st party games 29.99. Controllers should be cheaper.

rp2000

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm not really a Nintendo fan, but I have to admit that 179 pounds is a brilliant price for console+game if you're not too bothered about having the latest graphics etc.

Controller seems quite expensive and I guess most people will probably buy at least one more controller.

Permabanned
Sinister said:
£179 with a game that's fine what we don't need is the moaners who are saying it's to much just don't go out save your money simple

don't moan it's annoying
It's called giving your opinion, which is what a forum is for...

Associate
OP
rp2000 said:
Is it a good price? Lets assume most of the games are 39.99 that is the same as 360 games. Does that really reflect good value.

360 games are 49.99, but 39.99 online...

So i would expect to see Wii games at 39.99 in the shops, but say 29.99-34.99 online....

Soldato
rp2000 said:
A full controller set costs more than a game. And games cost the same as 360 games.

Not quite true. Remember these are the RRPs, which for the 360 are £49.99 (if you are dumb enough to buy your games from the highstreet for example). So I suspect (though possibly not at first) we will be seeing a 5-10 pound difference between online and highstreet.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
dirtydog said:
True but the 360 is in a different league as far as I can work out :)

yeah, as far as graphics are concerned. hopefully the Wii will bring a bit of gameplay back into games. plus the ability to buy retro nintendo games is a nice added bonus.

i read somewhere yesterday that you don't even have a 360...if that's true, why are you even posting?

Soldato
But 360 games arnt £39.99 they are £49.99, go in game and buy a new 360 title for £39.99 and i'd be impressed.

£39.99 is the online and supermarket price for 360 games not the RRP so chances are £39.99 wont be what gameplay etc charge for wii games either.

Soldato
james.miller said:
debate is different to complaining about it. as for controller prices, can anybody tell me how much the 360 wireless pads were on console release?

Bit of a moot point cos although it was claimed they where released, i dont think anyone could get one, much like a VGA cable etc etc lol

Permabanned
Sic said:
yeah, as far as graphics are concerned. hopefully the Wii will bring a bit of gameplay back into games. plus the ability to buy retro nintendo games is a nice added bonus.

i read somewhere yesterday that you don't even have a 360...if that's true, why are you even posting?
Eh? Do I need to have a 360 to post about it?

Back
Top Bottom