• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU = 90'c in Bios :O

Lan

Lan

Associate
we should give him a project wiv athlon 1400 Tbird and see what happens wen he puts no TIM inbetween the cpu and heatsink he most definetly will get a nasty surprise and will think twice about not putting TIM inbetween the cpu and heatsink in the future

axe

axe

Suspended
OP
or maybe my life doesnt revolve around a internet forum ;) . I know i should really get some Artic Silver on im not disuputing that. but the FACT is it can run without it and keep in Safe Temps until i go and buy some.

And it turns out the Fan was just not seated well. I will continue to run it without paste until i go into town and buy some.

Soldato
Damn, slap some paste on it! Doesnt have to be artic anything will do, even the plain Jane white stuff!.. but something!

All modern day CPUs will appreciate it even if they can just about cope with none. Be nice to your CPU ;)... CPU failure is mostly due to overheating.

Last edited:

axe

axe

Suspended
OP
Lan said:
90c has never been a safe temp so your tlkin ****

did you even readthe post? :rolleyes: the Heatsink was not mounted correctly. Once i took it off and put it back on .

it is now running at 55'c idle which is a pretty safe tempeture while surfing on the net.

EDIT - Im now back off to GD where the average age is above 13

Last edited:
Soldato
axe said:
did you even readthe post? :rolleyes: the Heatsink was not mounted correctly. Once i took it off and put it back on .

it is now running at 55'c idle which is a pretty safe tempeture while surfing on the net.

EDIT - Im now back off to GD where the average age is above 13

Well 55c idle is'nt that safe and think how hot it'll get under load.

Soldato
Whats with all the guys yelling to use thermal paste ? Yeah its needed to an extent , but running without it isnt going to change temps from 35 to 90c you should have realised that lack of thermal paste couldnt do that if your all as good as you make out.

Soldato
cableguy2003 said:
Whats with all the guys yelling to use thermal paste ? Yeah its needed to an extent , but running without it isnt going to change temps from 35 to 90c you should have realised that lack of thermal paste couldnt do that if your all as good as you make out.

on the contrary it can mate, not to be rude - but yes, yes it can, infact my cpu and cooler for example wont stay on for more than 5seconds without thermal paste, just depends on the the quility of the base of the HSF and the Cpu IHS

Soldato
allllec said:
on the contrary it can mate, not to be rude - but yes, yes it can, infact my cpu and cooler for example wont stay on for more than 5seconds without thermal paste, just depends on the the quility of the base of the HSF and the Cpu IHS

Not if they are in good condition. IF they are battered and pitted yeah maybe.

Back
Top Bottom