MSN x2 is possible?

Associate
Windows live x2 is possible?

Hey there... recently i was thinking because it would be helpfull for me... is there any way to use 2 msn addreses at the same time, so i can speak to both contacts i have on each messanger?

I hope i make sence :p, or is there any way i can install 2 msn's any way would be a great help...

Thanks a lot

Sam.

Last edited:
Associate
I seem to remember having something which did that a long time ago - mess.be is your friend, just have a look round and I think you will find it.

Soldato
This is what you want

Edit: You might want to have a look for the "Mess Patch" (also available on mess.be). This allows you to do any number of useful things to your MSN Messenger installation, including polygamy. That is what I use, and I don't know how I could live without it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
luckypapyrussam said:
Oh DARN! i have windows live messanger... will it still be ok.. :p
The latest version of the Mess Patch (See link on the main mess.be page; the frames prevent me from providing a direct link!) certainly works with Windows Live Messenger and allows you to enable polygamy functionality. This means you just install the patch with the desired options (there are literally tonnes of things it can do, from removing adverts to enabling multiple-lined names and removing or playing with any buttons you so please), it does its magic and you will be able to start up multiple instances of Messenger without any hassle.

The patch should come with an uninstaller which will undo any changes made if you decide you don't like it, and as far as I'm aware its free of any nasties :)

Edit: A-Patch, as suggested by james.miller, is also a fantastic patch. Both come highly recommended!

Edit 2: Messenger Plus! will also do the job, although last time I checked you had to be careful not to agree to installing any "sponsor" programs during installation.

Last edited:
Soldato
I vote for the mess patch.

Using msn plus + mess patch + stuffplug-NG. Great combination! Although for some reason, stuffplug has disabled my options menu :p

Mess patch defintaley though :) loads of useful stuff. msn plus necessary to install it though.

Associate
You could also use the latest version of msn messenger, plus the 4.x version that comes with the windows installation. Obviously one will have less features for you to use though.

Soldato
i dont personally see the point in using messenger plus anymore. It doesnt really do a lot that proggys like apatch or the mess.be patch dont, except run extra processes. The important stuff, liek removing ads, can all be done with a patch and not running extra programs which is always preferable:)

Back
Top Bottom