Going to donate bone marrow tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmt

cmt

Suspended
OP
Originally posted by Emzay
Do you know the reciever? Or are you just donating because you want to help anyone? :)

No i don't know the recipient, but the way i see it is if someone needs it and i can spare it then why not??!!:) :)

cmt

Permabanned
serious and greatful respect to you my freind.

My uncle has Lukemia, and hes not well at all at the moment, apprently 'slipping away'.

So what your doing is very very brave and i apprechiate it.

Thanks

Neilio

cmt

cmt

Suspended
OP
Originally posted by riotstar
Hope everything goes well sah, 'tis a great thing you're doing.

Be sure to post a bragging rights thread on your return, you certainly can't beat bragging rights of "saving a life" :)

Would be the ultimate in 'bragging rights', but i don't think it's the type of thing you brag about (and besides piccies are needed for bragging rights and i don't really think you want to see piccies of me...........not going to be very photogenic after the op!!)

catch ya'all on my return and thanks for all the good wishes.

cmt

Its my wedding anniversary as well today - what a present to myself!!!!:) :) :)

Soldato
It's a very noble thing that you're doing cmt. Much respect. I too am down for bone marrow donation (no call for me yet though) and I really believe everyone should do it. Give blood too.

Good luck and well done.

C

cmt

cmt

Suspended
OP
OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!

well, i'm back from London.

The operation took place on friday at 7:30am and lastd for approx 40mins

when in the anesthetic room have the general, i thought "i wonder how far i can count before i go under"...........

I got as far as "one..........." then i was gone!, it seemed like seconds then i was in the recovery room in a world of pain. Drugs took care of that and now 2 days later i just have a mild back ache.

A nice lady from the Anthony Nolan Trust came to see me yesterday to let me know how things had progressed.

After my operation took place, a courier picked up my bone marrow from the University College Hospital, and got it to the airport. It then went on a plane to Norway where the recipient is located. From the info i was allowed to be given, i found out that it is a very young girl (less than 6) that was to receive my marrow :) :) . Her operation took place that night (friday) and she is now in isolation where she will remain for a couple of weeks.

I have requested an update of the recipients progress (which could take a couple of months) and i will let peeps know how she is doing.

Once again, thaks for the support.

cmt

Make me want to stand in the street and shout about it

Permabanned
Re: OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!

Originally posted by cmt
Make me want to stand in the street and shout about it

Go for it m8 - youve done something that most people cant comprehend, helped to save a someones life, an event to be proud of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom