The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Associate
What file format do I want to save my desktop in ?

I don't know what I've done different since last time but I can't get a decent image saved. I currently have it as a *.psp file as its clean but jpg/png/bmp all blur :(

Whoop

Soldato
Whoop said:
What file format do I want to save my desktop in ?

I don't know what I've done different since last time but I can't get a decent image saved. I currently have it as a *.psp file as its clean but jpg/png/bmp all blur :(

Whoop
check photochop hasn't set the Jpg quality to 1 or somthing stupid.

Associate
Psypher5 said:

added a few more visual tweaks to opera, ridded of a few toolbars :) wish i could get rid of file edit view etc... Oh well :)

What program is the little analog clock in the top right corner? I have been looking for something very simple like that for quite some time.

Soldato
Duouk2000 said:
marc2003, can you zip up that foobar2000 you're using (or send the config files and what not), it looks great.

hehe. it took me hours of trawling threads on hydrogenaudio.org to get this working. it's not quite as easy as copying the config files in your foobar directory.

it's a lot of effort even when you (just about) know what you are doing. as a starting point you'll need all your cover art already downloaded. i'm going to assume it's all in jpg format and is various sizes? because that's no good. they all need to be 1:1 aspect ratio and in png format. so you'll need irfanview to convert it all (tis very easy, just a few mouse clicks to do the whole lot in one go). also i hope your folder structure/tagging is organised otherwise you might as well give up now..... :p

post back if you need help with the image conversion..... or maybe start a new thread. this could get messy... :D

Soldato
Not as flash as yours, but i like mine simple :)

untitledjh9.jpg

Associate
marc2003 said:
hehe. it took me hours of trawling threads on hydrogenaudio.org to get this working. it's not quite as easy as copying the config files in your foobar directory.

it's a lot of effort even when you (just about) know what you are doing. as a starting point you'll need all your cover art already downloaded. i'm going to assume it's all in jpg format and is various sizes? because that's no good. they all need to be 1:1 aspect ratio and in png format. so you'll need irfanview to convert it all (tis very easy, just a few mouse clicks to do the whole lot in one go). also i hope your folder structure/tagging is organised otherwise you might as well give up now..... :p

post back if you need help with the image conversion..... or maybe start a new thread. this could get messy... :D

Bugger :p

I did get album art to show the first time I used it but never got round to customising it more (and have done even less since formatting a few months back), was hoping i could just nab yours :p but since that isn't the case i'll do some research and try to come up with something I like :)

Soldato
Duouk2000 said:
Bugger :p

I did get album art to show the first time I used it but never got round to customising it more (and have done even less since formatting a few months back), was hoping i could just nab yours :p but since that isn't the case i'll do some research and try to come up with something I like :)

you might just be inluck. a new version of the component i'm using to display the album art has been released. it supports jpg files which also don't have to be 1:1. apparently it can resize them on the fly. once i've had a play with it, i'll post my config here. :D

Man of Honour
dark_shadow said:
Just freshly formatted and it's the first time I changed my DT in 2-3 months :eek:

Theme: Crystal DLB
Wallpaper: By Moi :)

Hey mate, i know its yours and you made it but do you mind if i have that wallpaper off you please? It's great and i've been looking for a good nelly furtado wallpaper for ages

p.s Heres mine

wallpaper.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I use a variety of programs, including Samurize (taskbar client), Avedesk (for big icons on left) CD Art Display, Rainlendar, TClock, RK Launcher, Styler, WindowBlinds, and Vitrite (for transparency effects). And trust me it's definitely Windows XP :D

If you got any questions just ask ! :)

Back
Top Bottom