Dreamweaver MX 2004 - Links Colour query

Associate
Hi,

I'm doing a website and I want white text links at the top (on a dark background) and in the main part of the page want blue text links. but because i've set the links to be white in the page pref's the links i want blue turn white and on a white page obviously disappear.

In Mx 2004 is there any way of getting round this ? sorry if its a dumb question and the answers staring me in the face.

cheers,

Associate
it is possible with css, a little bit of work ... but that's using code view ... have no idea if your using the wysiwyg side of things

Associate
OP
Sorry I should have explained more, I know nowt about the html coding side, so just using the Design View way of designing it.

For now I've got round it by just having the links in a blue box, looks ok but would be nice to know how for the future.

Thanks

Associate
Might be way off here, but a simple way of doing it may be to use 2 frames?

The top and bottom frames would be 2 different pages so they could have the links set to their own colours.

Hope that makes sense.

Awaits flamming :o

Soldato
I know in Dreamweaver 8 when you go to the links section in page properties you get a choice of selecting a colour for a) visited b) hovering c) active links and so on...

I take it there isnt one in Dreamweaver MX???

You could try adding this code in:

a:link {
text-decoration: none;
color:#336666;
}
a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
a:active {