Spec me my airsoft backups

Soldato
Its not a computer game.. hehe

Feet Per Second i imagine as some sort of muzzle velocity for the guns..

no idea on rules though

OI!^^

Associate
Its like paintball, but a bit different. The game styles are usually different.

The site I play at they usually run hour long games throughout the day based on a scenario read out beforehand. Each team has a certain amount of medics and when you got shot (only has to be 1 BB on any part of your body, stops arguments) you sit down and call medic. They have to get to you and tap you back in, or if one doesn't find you within about 5 mins you bleed out and you can get back up and go find one yourself.

FPS, as already stated, is Feet Per Second. Most UK sites have a limit of 328 FPS for every gun, though some have 350 for AEGs and 500 for bolt action sniper rifles.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the stocked version of the CA870CQB.

Works great, only problem I had was when I smashed the red dot into little pieces trying to change the battery!

Associate
Skully said:
I have the stocked version of the CA870CQB.

Works great, only problem I had was when I smashed the red dot into little pieces trying to change the battery!

Most other people wouldn't have a problem as they don't have the motor skills of a chimp.

Soldato
These things have been arround for years, originally made in japan(its massive there, paintball is illegal IIRC). The standared was set then and nether been changed....

Caporegime
It's not an airsoft standard as anything moving is measured in x per second and in metric countries it should be measured in meters, I suppose it's just because their made in America and there websites still haven't been updated to the 20th century.

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually, you folks are then only half way into the 20th century as well then.

What measurement system do you use for speed on the motorways? What measurement do you use for fuel consumption measurement? Hrm?

Certainly not KM/H and most definitely not L/100KMs....

Oh, and what's the size of a beer over there? WELL, let's see. It's a PINT, isn't it? Nothing metric there.......

Caporegime
We're in the transition between imperial to metric, it takes time to change all the motorway signs and peoples minds who've been taught imperial, but measurements are supposed to be metric now and we dont use pounds and ounces anymore, all the other countries have switched so it makes sense to switch to, whereas the usa doesn't seem to have bothered at all to try to be in line with the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Associate
this airsoft lark looks good fun to releave after a hard weeks work by shooting people couterstrike style :D

where do you find out more info? is there any good links anyone has or rules and so on? Do you have to have your own 'weapons' or can you hire them at all the centers? ...

Associate
Energize said:
It's not an airsoft standard as anything moving is measured in x per second and in metric countries it should be measured in meters, I suppose it's just because their made in America and there websites still haven't been updated to the 20th century.

They're actually made in Japan for the most part, as thats where the sport was invented.

Theres quite a bit of info on various forums:

http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/index.php?
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/

Most sites do hire weapons out and its recommended you not buy anything until you've played a couple of times using hire weapons. Its just to make sure you like it before splashing out £200 odd on a new shiny weapon just to find out you actually don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom