Shiney gold paperweight, doubles up as dead memory

Associate
Ballistix again...

My ballistix are failing, it struggles to even load windows.
The weird thing is that it doesn't fail memtest, it passes without one error, but if i load windows it fails. ive tried some bog standard kinston memory at same timings etc and its fine.

How do crucial test the memory? do they only use memtest or do they do other tests? i dont want to send it them and then they say its fine?!?

Caporegime
Ballistix :mad:

I remember when overclockers sent my first stick back to me saying it was perfectly fine and i was charged shipping costs, sent the ram straight onto crucial and they said it was faulty and issued me new sticks :( :mad:

p.s My second set is failing too now

Caporegime
Lan said:
my ballistix work fine

Now how often have i heard that :rolleyes:

My ballistix worked fine all summer :mad: , my other ballistix only worked for 2 months... my friends ballistix worked nearly a year then corrupted once and killed windows from booting he needed to format

Other users have been worse off, some RMAing 4 or 5 times :eek:

Man of Honour
Do you think if my mate asked crucial nicely when they RMA his ram to swap it with another model would they do it? as they seem to have aknowledged the problems with ballistix

Lan

Lan

Associate
Neil79 said:
Now how often have i heard that :rolleyes:

My ballistix worked fine all summer :mad: , my other ballistix only worked for 2 months... my friends ballistix worked nearly a year then corrupted once and killed windows from booting he needed to format

Other users have been worse off, some RMAing 4 or 5 times :eek:

well ive not had one prob yet youll know if i do

Caporegime
blitz2163 said:
Do you think if my mate asked crucial nicely when they RMA his ram to swap it with another model would they do it? as they seem to have aknowledged the problems with ballistix

I tried that they said no because i didnt buy them from crucial id have to go through overclockers , which is well try doing that :o

Associate
these sticks really are BS, i had to RMA mine, over a month ago now, said it could take 28days, this is BS i want a refund or swap for some G.skill or something, this is just terrible treating of customers.

i work in a high street competitor, and if we can't sort it out within 28days, you get a new model or refund.

i'm gunna ring up tomorow *complaing* hard this aint on, just want me money back. i spent £223 !!!! on the ram+postate 10£, have had to send them back twice, thats another 8 quid. and i still dont have anything. should just issue new model or diff product with fresh warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
Guess the moral is that these forums are here for a reason. Personally I do thorough research into each purchase over £20.. I read time and time again about ballistix, therefore I avoided like the plague, if you look at the prices, they're not so different from a load of other models of ram. I personally look on the forums see what is working well for those with a similar setup to me, and stick with that. Then if you run into problems, you know there are others who can help :D

Back
Top Bottom