Funny social faux pas...

Associate
I once called this guy in my politics class a brown noser. not that bad i guess but it felt pretty awkward seeing as he's black.

Man of Honour
Ex-RoNiN said:
...for example, sending a birthday card a month before its the person's birthday :rolleyes:

Been there, done that...

I'm actually a highly evolved member of the speices - I can walk, talk, eat and generally exist with at least one foot in my mouth :(

For example, I recall having a conversation with a work colleague about his upcoming trip to Spain and made the usual comment about Spanish women - absolute stunners until they hit 30 and then it all goes downhill rapidly. Real shame the guy's wife was Spanish :o

Permabanned
I met my ex girlfriend's parents for the first time, got on great with them, had a few drinks and her dad was telling an anecdote that ended with something along the lines of "Typical Belgian..."

I said "Well, you know what they say about Belgians, don't you?"

"No?"

"They're like the French...Except they traded culture for the ability to wash themselves."

"Both my parents are Belgian."

"Er..."

At which point her mother piped up with:

"Both my parents are French."

BUT!

I saved the day with "Does that mean that Amanda is boring and smelly?"

*n

Permabanned
penski said:
I met my ex girlfriend's parents for the first time, got on great with them, had a few drinks and her dad was telling an anecdote that ended with something along the lines of "Typical Belgian..."

I said "Well, you know what they say about Belgians, don't you?"

"No?"

"They're like the French...Except they traded culture for the ability to wash themselves."

"Both my parents are Belgian."

"Er..."

At which point her mother piped up with:

"Both my parents are French."

BUT!

I saved the day with "Does that mean that Amanda is boring and smelly?"

*n

ROFL, cant see you getting an invite back

Permabanned
Ron Burgundy said:
ROFL, cant see you getting an invite back

He threatened me with a shotgun three months later for "corrupting [his] beautiful daughter."

I had the last laugh - I posted them polaroids when they moved to Australia with the note "I didn't corrupt her - she asked for it. See."

*n

Associate
When I was much younger and got sent away with work for the first time. Was having an evening meal with all the big bosses at a posh restaurant and the waiter came to me first asking "How would you like your steak Sir ?" to which I answered "With chips". There was a very uncomfortable silence after that.

Later the same night at the Hotel I was looking for the Light switch to the bathroom and could only see a bit of string. I kept pulling it but the light didn't come on, only a little red light blinking at me. The phone went in my room and it was reception asking if I was ok, I had been pulling on the emergency assistance cord!

I always hated getting sent away and staying at posh hotels after that experience.

Soldato
Not me but made me laugh when it happened, new years party loads of friends round my apartment in town (was damn nice :cool: ) anyway...a couple had broken up not too long ago, now the girl is absolutley plastered wanders up to me and her ex in the kitchen looks at us both a bit weirdly and slurs......."dont let me get too drunk and sleep with my ex tonight"....2 hours later she was running around half naked :D :cool:

Permabanned
Skidmark said:
Yeah, and polaroids are high-tech up here ;)

Good job I'm not a local, eh? ;)

I was 16, didn't have a digicam but I had a polaroid.

Now would you use what you have or go spend a couple of hundred quid on something you're barely going to use at the time? :p

*n

Soldato
penski said:
Good job I'm not a local, eh? ;)

I was 16, didn't have a digicam but I had a polaroid.

Now would you use what you have or go spend a couple of hundred quid on something you're barely going to use at the time? :p

*n
Hey, don't take it the wrong way - I used a polaroid as recently as....errr, 1998, and I went out and bought it brand new at the time. I was desperate. Not for quite the reason you did, but that's how they all end up.......

*runs off to look through his old photos box*

Soldato
This one happened to a friend of mine. Me, him and another friend were on our way out one night. He turns round to my other friend and says "So how's it going with your girlfriend?". They had been broken up for about a month or so. But to be fair he had no way of knowing that really since he doesn't lives in Gloucester and he was just visiting for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom