recommend me a book that will change my life for the better

Associate
OP
Chris [BEANS] said:
see spot run, run spot run! spot runs fast...............

if that doesn't inspire you to get running, nothing will

I can't find it on any store - named after tropical rainforests or otherwise. do you know the author? :D :D

I should really get fit actually. that's not gonna happen being a hammock residing bookworm.

Caporegime
Gavstar said:
The Dice Man

Did you really think it was good? Or read it because it was fashionable or a "free spirit" told you to. I ask as a mate recommended it to me, and it was only after reading it i relaised that he was basically using it as his philosophy, and subsequently turned into a giant penis and pee'd everyone off in the process.

Associate
Efour2 said:
Did you really think it was good? Or read it because it was fashionable or a "free spirit" told you to. I ask as a mate recommended it to me, and it was only after reading it i relaised that he was basically using it as his philosophy, and subsequently turned into a giant penis and pee'd everyone off in the process.

No, I was pretty disappointed with it, I'd never heard about it until my sister (who maybe not surprisingly I would put in the 'free spirit' category, although I hardly know her) put it into my hand and said that people had found it life-changing. Not for me!

There isn't really a tongue in cheek smiley or I would have added it to my first post, I was just aiming for the most archetypal response that I could think of.

cheets64 said:
My mate told me about that, is it about a guy who rolls dice to diced what he does.

Thats the one. Worth a read, but not something I'd want to read again and again.

My favourite ever book is 'Muscle' by Sam Fussell. I'm not sure why, it is the story of a Cambridge graduate who turned to bodybuilding to try and find his place in the world. It just grabs me, as it is just so intensely personal, funny and a refreshing twist to the journey of discovery format.

Last edited:
Associate
i think if you dont want the bible then everyone can react and have some effect from....the master him self
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
The Homer Book: The Simpsons Library of Wisdom
|
|