just had my first cigarette... (thread started by thepedster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
just had my first cigarette...

...and all I can say is YUCK how do you guys do it???

its like erm, sickening, and now my mouth tastes, well 'dead'

pretty crummy thing to do if you ask me :o

Suspended
Well done for holding out for so long :)

Sitting in the pub watching friends chain smoke their way through pack after pack, I often wonder how they can do it... Obviously you get used to it over time, but it's not something I've ever wanted to get used to.

Soldato
OP
well I work in a pub, a lot of my 'pub mates' smoke, I have enver even had one drag before, I dont like smoking not one little bit but I thought you got to try everything once,

and man its just dire,

I donr know if I took it into my lungs, just coughed a lot,

I now want to go eat a big cheese burger to rid my mought of this rank taste but alas I cant

Soldato
I smoked a bit at one stage, but then realised that it was pretty manky. Also, the fact that so many smoker say to not ever try them at all:

dont smoke beleive me it is not worth it

Although I've heard a strange argument that it actually saves money recently. One of my mates here says that if he buys a pack of 10 (bout £2.50 if I'm not mistaken) he saves money because he's smoking rather than drinking. With normal London prices taken into account I can see where he's coming from, although this was on a night where the bar did 88p for a pint of Blackthorn :D

ugh

ugh

Permabanned
I used to smoke when i was 15/16... NOT GOOD!

Best not to get started, and i dont know ANY smoker that tells u its worth it in the long run

Soldato
mate did you inhale it? I remember the first cigarette i ever had i felt so giddy and almsot drunk - it was such a head rush it was cool - really hurt my throat tho:p

anyway i only smoke when ****** i dont smoke properly which i'm glad.

Associate
i've been trying to stop for years, yet my willpower is too weak.
it hurts me financially too. whenever i come back from Malaysia for the holidays i bring 7-8 cartons of ciggies. just for a comparison - 2 packs of 20 Marlboros here can buy a whole carton in Malaysia.

now my supply is gone... can't afford to fork out £4.50 everyday!!

Caporegime
Originally posted by ugh
Best not to get started, and i dont know ANY smoker that tells u its worth it in the long run

Best thing I ever did was to start smoking.

Look at me now - body of an Adonis, lungs of Jacque Cousteau.

*cough*

Soldato
i've had maybe 2 packs in my whole life... and only when ive been drinking...

i wouldn't say i HATE it, but i dont really like it either... give me fresh air any day of the week.

it ain't good for ya... it costs the earth... it doesn't look cool... it doesnt get you girls... so whats the point :confused:

Re: just had my first cigarette...

Originally posted by thepedster
...and all I can say is YUCK how do you guys do it???

its like erm, sickening, and now my mouth tastes, well 'dead'

pretty crummy thing to do if you ask me :o

See its idiots like you who fund a industry that is deadicated to killing its costomers.

The first try is always the hardest once you pop you cant stop

Soldato
Originally posted by Rob "Hooah!" Offer
Why did you bother trying might I ask?

Curiosity I would guess.

I tried cigarrettes years ago, when I was something like 15. Not my thing. Just trying to inhale smoke into your lungs.....gave my throat a burnt feeling and you wake up with the most god awful taste in your mouth the next day. Only smoked on 2 seperate days and only when completely smashed.
I'm 19 now and haven't had a fag in 4 years and never plan to again. I'd like to think I've a non-addictive personality, and I can turn down things if offered, no matter how good it seems.

Associate
Re: Re: just had my first cigarette...

Originally posted by Kronologic
See its idiots like you who fund a industry that is deadicated to killing its costomers.

The first try is always the hardest once you pop you cant stop

That's a little harsh isn't it? He said he tried his first one, nothing wrong with that. He said he doesn't like the things so he's not goning to be funding the industry at all.

Plus, I don't think he's going to be addicted after one. Put me off for life having just one!

I'm in the same boat as alpha, tried it once when I was really pished. Woke up the next morning with my throat feeling absolutely terrible. I wasn't even a pleasant experience during the smoking of the damn thing!

I don't understand how anyone can even contemplate starting smoking :confused:

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Yeah smoking is bad mmmkay. Its about 4 weeks since I quit, after smoking for about 6 years and the benefits are manifold: my hands/hair/clothes dont stink, my mouth doesn't taste and smell like is been crapped in, a fiver of loose change lasts me a whole week, food tastes better, I'm sleeping better and waking up easier, I dont need to carry mints with when out pubbing/clubbing, I can maintain an erec...er lets say there's some unexpected bonuses...;) I dont know why I didnt quit before...:confused: So kids dont smoke mmkay, take it from thepedster and me :)

Permabanned
I smoked since I was 16. Thought it was big and clever.

Well, I quit 6 months ago. I put the £4.50 I spent on fags into a pot. 'well it was a fiver for each packet I smoked every week.

It was 5 x 4 as I smoked 4 packs a week. Over 6 months I saved £480.

This went towards my new PC, and I feel a whole lot better for it...

Smoking is a easy trap to get into.. Not so easy to get out of...

And now my money that I used to spend on cancer sticks now goes towards PC kit, and not towards high tax for the government or facless corperations that don't care if I kill myself..

You are WARNED.. Stay away. Ex Smokers are the worse to hate smkoers.. We know what it costs and what it does to us..!!:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: just had my first cigarette...

Originally posted by [RB]
That's a little harsh isn't it? He said he tried his first one, nothing wrong with that. He said he doesn't like the things so he's not goning to be funding the industry at all.

Plus, I don't think he's going to be addicted after one. Put me off for life having just one!

I'm in the same boat as alpha, tried it once when I was really pished. Woke up the next morning with my throat feeling absolutely terrible. I wasn't even a pleasant experience during the smoking of the damn thing!

I don't understand how anyone can even contemplate starting smoking :confused:

One must be cruel to be kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom