Dance song of the summer 2006

Permabanned
1st Fedde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit
2nd Bob Sinclair - World Hold On
3rd Tell Me Why-Supermode

Put Your Hands Up For Detroit, just reminds me of going for it in BCM in Magaluf, what a tune. I will never forget.

Soldato
I was away early this summer, so seemed to hear
that song pretty dam early. Was ok for te first 2 weeks
then its sort of worn off tbh!

Was played everywhere we seemed to go in Ibiza, but saying
that eveyone played some Marco V - various tracks.

Tune of the summer for me has to be:

Marcel Woods - Advanced

I have the weirdest vivid picture of him dropping it at judgement sunday,
can remeber where i was stood, who was next to me etc and boy did it go
down well!!!

2nd Tune

Sander Van Doorn VS Artic Monkeys - Sun goes down

One word WOW ;)

Andy

Soldato
number 1 is good ive liked it for a while

but 2nd and 3rd are pure cheese imo :p

dance song of late summer/winter will be the soulwax remix of robbie williams -lovelight if they hurry up and give it a release. heard live djs play it a few times now and its like the dance floor is going to explode. i bloomin love it . big build ups are back ! :p :D

Last edited:
Soldato
cheets64 said:

1) Don't like it
2) Despise it, it truely makes me ears hurt
3) I like it but the bobina remix is better

Hmmmm my favourite track of this year for all seasons so far is Super 8 vs. DJ Tab - Helsinki Scorchin. You can almost certainly add Smith & pledger - white into the equation although i've not heard it played out. Ferry Corsten - Are you ready? i've played hundreds of times but again not heard it out. My prediction of track of the summer was Divini & Warning - 4LB which i'm sure has been fairly popular but alas i've not heard that played out either!

Hmmm too many choices!

-=BAF=-AXE said:
Tune of the summer for me has to be:

Marcel Woods - Advanced

Awesome tune, but it very much reminds me of winter and spring this year and going nuts at GC :D

And as for SvD vs Arctic Monkeys... Guess who's going to hear this be played at the weekend ;)

Soldato
Grrrrr said:
And as for SvD vs Arctic Monkeys... Guess who's going to hear this be played at the weekend ;)

Im sure SVD will be playing this mate, just wish i was gonna be there :(

Really is winding me up that im gonna miss it :(

Roll on October

Andy

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Either:
Fedde Le Grande - cracks me up when I hear it
Bodyrox - HATE the vocal version they are playing over here
Don't let go - fed up of everyone referring to it as 'that song from the car advert'

Of course now they are being overplayed but will continue to bring me memories of Ibiza and the copious plays at Bora Bora while the Italians chanted the Seven Nation Army over the top of them - very annoying!

None of these I would say I love, but they do remind me of the summer... one that I was surprised not to hear over there was Take it - Tom Novy.

Now that one I did like :)

BB x

Associate
Put Your Hands Up For Detroit, just reminds me of going for it in BCM in Magaluf, what a tune. I will never forget

LOL :D same here mate, just got back from Magaluf a few weeks ago, absolute tune. i Buzzed my tittys off when Dave peace dropped it especially when you wearing the free rave bucket hat and BCM glow sticks hehe :cool: !

Soldato
I'm gonna vote for Fedde Le Grande too.

And lol at BCM still giving away hats and glow sticks. :p My sister came home with loads a few years back.

Associate
cheets64 said:

Put Your Hands Up For Detroit, just reminds me of going for it in BCM in Magaluf, what a tune. I will never forget.

I can resemble that, was there at the weekend and the Dancers in Coyote's were going for it big time to Put Your Hands Up for Detroit.

Soldato
andy8271 said:
number 1 is good ive liked it for a while

but 2nd and 3rd are pure cheese imo :p

dance song of late summer/winter will be the soulwax remix of robbie williams -lovelight if they hurry up and give it a release. heard live djs play it a few times now and its like the dance floor is going to explode. i bloomin love it . big build ups are back ! :p :D

Your sig...Daft Punk? :cool: :)

Associate
Put your hands up for detroit was definaltey my ibiza holiday tune this summer. However im not as keen on it anymore, due to radio 1 playing it every 5 bludy minutes :mad:

Another one for me was a tune called this is not miami by sander kleinenberg. Lyrics got a bit annoying but it had a proper dirty tune to it and was awesome when i heard it on hols, does anyone know it?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There hasn't been a good dance song this summer. Especially if put your hands up for detroit and Bodyrox are the best we're getting. Must be the worst year in a decade.

aMb

aMb

Associate
Possibly Chris Lake feat. Laura V 'Changes' or David Guetta vs. The Egg 'Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)' , although both are becoming a little overplayed :)

Soldato
Gilly said:
There hasn't been a good dance song this summer. Especially if put your hands up for detroit and Bodyrox are the best we're getting. Must be the worst year in a decade.

You're just not looking hard enough. I've been loving tonnes of stuff this summer, probably more so than last year

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
Your sig...Daft Punk? :cool: :)

indeed , i actually am daft punk mad :D :o

watching them live at global was without a doubt the best thing ive seen/will ever see by a longshot. will never forget it

loads of good dance tunes about this summer imo , just a shame they never really do well comercially over here.

some truly amazing electro house tunes been coming from the ed banger label

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom