Curiosity

Soldato
Got a new kitten last week, its so hard to snap pictures of her cause she moves about so much but i managed to get a reasonable one, she seems to fat a lot too, lol :/

angeldh6.jpg

Associate
photographing cats is difficult. on this particular shot the composition, for me, doesnt work. It apperas that you taken the rule of thirds too seriuosly instead of applying it decretely. the focus is slightly off the eye too, it seems to be sharper between the nose and the eye. animal portraits should always have sharp eyes, this is a common problem known as 'sharp nose blured eye syndrome'. practice practice practice. keep on shooting and post your best shots for C&C. nice colours though.

Associate
One thing I would say and this doesn't relate to photography (sorry!). Your cat has got quite a lot of discharge around and on the surface of its eyes. That couple with the fact that the secondary eyelid (that's the membrane that's visible in the corners of both eyes nearest the nose) is partly occluding the eye might suggest that she/he has a slight eye infection. If it doesn't clear up in a few days might be worth taking her/him to the vet. I'm no vet though so this might be normal for this kitty!

Soldato
Golden Ape said:
One thing I would say and this doesn't relate to photography (sorry!). Your cat has got quite a lot of discharge around and on the surface of its eyes. That couple with the fact that the secondary eyelid (that's the membrane that's visible in the corners of both eyes nearest the nose) is partly occluding the eye might suggest that she/he has a slight eye infection. If it doesn't clear up in a few days might be worth taking her/him to the vet. I'm no vet though so this might be normal for this kitty!

My kittens had the same problem, and it turned out to be Chlamydia, possibly even a yet to be diagnosed form of feline herpes! :eek:

Yours might just have a cold though so don't panic!

Associate
LOL!

you ask for criticism for a photo and learn that you cat might have clymidia!!! HAHAHAH

thats taking a new edge on commenting.

i like the shot, i`m not a fan of cats though, the whiskers are nice and sharp, pity about the white/grey bits in its eyes, maybe you can sharpen the eyes in photoshop to make them stand out a bit more.

:)

Soldato
OP
Lol.. i didn't realise everyone here was a vet :p

She's been to the vet and had her shots/been wormed and they didn't say anything so i can't imagine its anything serious.

As for the focus, i understand what you mean about it not being on the eyes but its hard with my camera, maybe i need to upgrade :D

It was more of a snapshot rather than anything planned as she moves about so quickly! would it look better cropped?

Back
Top Bottom