WOOHOO! Payrise at work!

Soldato
Care to inform the mis-informed?

As to like, what it was and what it is now? Cheers :p

During the summer, was working for my cousin, was pulling £4.50, stayed for 1 and a half months, left half way through August to help my uncle, got paid for 2 full months, was well chuffed. :D

At 16 I didn't think that was too bad, the other 16 year old there was getting £3.50 but had got a rise just before I turned up.

Grrr. Speed hax I say.

Soldato
OP
WotDa said:
Care to inform the mis-informed?

As to like, what it was and what it is now? Cheers :p

It was £5.05 for over 21s, but on October 1st it ges up to £5.35 :) but my work pays everyone the over 21s min wage, so ill be getting it even though im only 20.

Permabanned
I get my bonus in this months pay packet, £30 from Asda Walmart and I should have had it 8 months ago and it should have been £300 but Asda didnt meet profits yet still made £1.5 BILLION :mad: :mad: :mad:

Soldato
No, I mean /hug for telling me what it was, which you shineh link didn't do. :)

/hug for the shineh link though.

No more love will be given out on this fine Thursday morning.

Associate
cheets64 said:
I get my bonus in this months pay packet, £30 from Asda Walmart and I should have had it 8 months ago and it should have been £300 but Asda didnt meet profits yet still made £1.5 BILLION :mad: :mad: :mad:

sounds like dodgy **** ring up the SUN tell you r story score £££££

Permabanned
We even had the union in GMB and they ****out at the end, glad I dont pay them, not part of GMB £12 a month.

Tesco are really hurting Asda and its showing.

Walmart will ruin Asda.

Permabanned
Its not a laughing matter, a lot of peopel at work (500) need the bonus, it can pay of a lot of bills, but you students wouldn know that while my taxes are paying for your **** ups, ungreatful ******s

Don
cheets64 said:
Its not a laughing matter, a lot of peopel at work (500) need the bonus, it can pay of a lot of bills, but you students wouldn know that while my taxes are paying for your **** ups, ungreatful ******s

O chill out will you!! Most of us know what a PITA it is when a company doesnt meet its targets / cuts pay rises & bonuses etc. I hasten to add that you might be paying their way through Uni now, but in 10 years time when you're still a check-out monkey the chances are that they'll be earning double what you are.

They earn double, they pay more than double tax. Sheesh :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, back on topic I think I'm going to pester for a payrise at work :D It's my 3-month anniversary there now!

Caporegime
cheets64 said:

you've got problems, get them sorted before ranting such turd here!

Do you think students don't pay bills? :rolleyes:

Suspended
cheets64 said:

They have no duty to pay you more than your contracted hours. When you work your way up to CEO/shareholder level, you can decide policy. Until then.. ;)

Man of Honour
cheets64 said:

You sound bitter. I'm sure you could have been a student had you put your mind to it ;)

Soldato
cheets64 said:

You know, especially with Science based degrees a lot of the funding doesn't come from your taxes? It comes from research, business opportunities and secured funding (MRC, BBSRC, EU, Wellcome Trust, Cancer Research... etc...).

My two cents.

Back
Top Bottom