tattoo.. is this racist?

Caporegime
I know its not racist, I know what it represents, but if i saw anyone with that on them i would thing they were quite a freak as im sure the average Joe would.

I really wouldnt get that on my body for the rest of my life unless you wanted to be constantly questioned about it for ever :p

Permabanned
That cross I think was awarded by the Führer himself to soldiers for being exceptional in battles. It is not racist but you are going to have to do a lot of explaining to others who will attack you for being a 3rd Reich follower. If you can take this shi* then do it.

Soldato
hardkore said:
hey guys

ive fancied getting a tattoo for ages and ive seen this cross and it looks cool to me. clicky

just wanted something simple. Was going to have it done on the top right on my chest/pectoral.

Now i always recognised it from somewhere and it turns out its a german iron cross. Would anyone consider this racist? Would like to go swimming and take my top off and people start battering me.

i am in no way racist!

cheers

thatsracist.gif

:D hehe, only joking!

Soldato
Like the swastika, it was around before the Nazis but has nasty connotations thanks to them. Being from a Hindu family my uncle has a swastika tatooed on his arm. Back home no one bats an eyelid but when he came over here everyone couldn't stop looking, especially as it was a swastika tatooed on a black man :D

Associate
Unless you go to the kind of bars where guys wear waistcoats with no shirts you're never really going to be in any kind of situation where people can see it to take offence.

Unless you're one of those guys who wanders through town wearing trackies with no shirt on. Saw a flabby chav the other day with no shirt on and THUG LIFE (edit: badly) tattooed across his palid stomach, excellent hehe.

Permabanned
PeteLucky7 said:
Unless you go to the kind of bars where guys wear waistcoats with no shirts you're never really going to be in any kind of situation where people can see it to take offence.

Unless you're one of those guys who wanders through town wearing trackies with no shirt on. Saw a flabby chav the other day with no shirt on and THUG LIFE (edit: badly) tattooed across his palid stomach, excellent hehe.
Wow, you don't believe in stereotypes, do you?

Caporegime
Alasdair said:
Even the swastika isn't racist in its original form, it's just the rotation and red and white surround that brings up the Nazi connotations

If im not mistaken the hindhu's were using the swastikas well before the german nazi's got hold of it and started using it for their own purposes.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
penski said:
It's offended a few hardcore Christians, yes.

But then most bible quotes do when taken out of context...

*n

I dont see how it could offend them TBH :confused:

Im Christian and it wouldnt offend me.
They should just let it go and think of it as spreading the Word of God :D :p

Whats it say out of Curiosity? :)

Back
Top Bottom