Media Player 10 Problem.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I’m having a small, but annoying problem, with Media Player 10 :(

My .mp3 collection is arranged by albums in folders, and when I attempt to “Play All” as per the picture, the cursor sand-timer appears briefly, but nothing happens? MP10 fails to load.

mp10yn2.jpg

Atm, I have to right-click the album selection and play them from there :mad:

Any ideas what’s going on? Any way I can restore MP10’s settings etc?

Thanks,

SW.

Soldato
To be honest mate, I don't think you have Windows Media Player 10, looks like you have number 9.

I say this because my WMP 10s tracks, look like this...

untitled.jpg

See the difference from yours.

Associate
damn.play all is good.is it some setting youve disabled at start up, that could be responsible?

the differnce in icons is probably just an install option

play all is when the mp3 window gives an option on the left.with windows xp

Soldato
OP
stevechapman said:
Can't you just put them in WMP's Library and just play the 1st song then let it run?
It's just what I'm used to? And it's quite annoying that it worked once, but not now :mad:

Is there a way of restoring MP10 by any chance?

Cheers,

SW.

Soldato
Voy06 said:
When did that come out or is it a Beta version?

Was going to ask if it was the beta or a release. My beta version is annoying me ...

To the OP: Tried a re-install of MWP? The "Play all" option works for me with iTunes, despite being somewhat buggy. (Skips most of the tracks and picks a random one)

Soldato
Voy06 said:
When did that come out or is it a Beta version?

I do believe MP11 is still in Beta. But there's no reason for MP10 not to respond to the 'Play all' command.

"Play all" doesn't work in any folder. "Copy all items to CD" does work however. It's launches MP11 and goes straight to the 'Burn' section with the tracks attached.

When I click "Play all" I get an hour glass for a second and then nothing.

I'd imagine it to be quite a nuisance if you're used to choosing your music from Windows Explorer.

Caporegime
stevechapman said:
Can't you just put them in WMP's Library and just play the 1st song then let it run?

It takes longer doing it that way, I for one prefer just to goto my music folder and find the file. Takes about 1 second to do and you don't have to wait for media player to load before selecting the song.

Soldato
WotDa said:
No but you need to wait for it to load to play the song. :p

Yes but you can go off and tidy your bed while MP is loading. Then you can still tidy your bed with the music starts playing. Otherwise you would have to load MP, pick your nose, then choose your song, then tidy bed - Time wasted.

:confused: I'm off to bed!

Soldato
OP
WotDa said:
To the OP: Tried a re-install of MWP? The "Play all" option works for me with iTunes, despite being somewhat buggy. (Skips most of the tracks and picks a random one)
Thanks, any idea of how you would re-install MP10 :confused:

I think I've downloaded all of its updates too, manually, maybe there’s a bad file or something?

So, does anybody know if there’s away of starting from scratch with MP10 :)

Cheers,

SW.

Back
Top Bottom