Chavs and carparks

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
oxygene said:
personally I cant wait for a new craze that is idiotic and dangerous but only to them. So there is no colateral damage and they can slowley wipe themselves out.
I was kind of hoping mopeds would do this. Unfortunately most car drivers are too careful and value their paintwork too much :mad:

Soldato
thepharcyde said:
while children etc are about

hmm :p

although i think yes it is stupid and they shouldn't do it - why do people insist on throwing in the "children" line when talking about it ?

Associate
Jonny69 said:
I was kind of hoping mopeds would do this. Unfortunately most car drivers are too careful and value their paintwork too much :mad:

matt-clio.jpg

pah.. im doing my bit! :D

Soldato
Captain Planet said:
Joy riding? As in stealing cars and racing them around streets at break neck speeds? :eek: Woah if theyre all doing that all the time then the police are really doing a poor job in your area!

There really isn't a lot for them to do though is there? Please, enlighten me, should they all go to the Library and enjoy a thrilling book together?
Joy riding was an extreme example I will admit. I just think its a really poor excuse and just shifting the blame. I'm sorry but the types of people who's out of control kids do this sort of stuff are the sorts who are all to quick to blame the "caaan-ssowww" for the way they behave.

Anyway at 17 your are as near as damnit to being an adult so the sulky teenager moanings of "I'm boooored" shouldn't really cut it anymore. We live in the civilised western world, if you can't find 101 things to do at any one time then I feel sorry for them. Hell, maybe reading a book would be a good start?

Associate
Up my way there is a big car meet the first Thursday of every month in the local reatil park. Around 500/600 cars can turn up some times and its all heavily patrolled by the police and there isnt any trouble at all. Usually starts getting busy about 10pm and all starts to break up about 12:30. If anyone does start anything the police are straight over telling them to calm down. Loud music isnt tolirated and absolutely no silly driving antics. There is a heavy VORSA presence and lots of folk get pulled and ticketed for window tints/number plate fonts/loud exhauts.

At the end of the day it makes for a far better meet knowing there isnt going to be any trouble you can happily park your car up and have a wonder about and chat to other people, what its all about in my book.

Last edited:
Soldato
Captain Planet said:
Clearly they are youths. They are not fully mature adults. Can you look back to when you were 18 and honestly say you were a "fully mature adult"?

The attitude that a lot of people have towards the "chavs" doesn't suprise me why the problem never gets sorted. Of course the council are not to blame but they are responsible for providing amenities for its local residents. We all pay tax in some form or another. Old people get nursing, home care, social clubs and evening entertainment. Children have nurseries, kids clubs and educational facilites. I don't see a lot of things provided for youth's that is all. You can't disagree with this fact because it has been a problem highlighted to our local MP's for sometime now. Im sure it is a problem for many boroughs.

When I was their age, I couldnt drive >.> When I was their age, I had joined the Royal Navy and I was doing my training or out getting drunk.

I really dont care if they have anything to do or not. Children and the Elderly get support for a reason, they need it. Chavs in cars dont need support, what they need to do is sort something out between themselves and find a place where they can drive around like crippletards and crash into each other without endangering random members of the public who are out shopping or walking out of the cinena :(

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Hell, maybe reading a book would be a good start?

Yes, in a perfect world.

Phal said:
When I was their age, I couldnt drive >.> When I was their age, I had joined the Royal Navy and I was doing my training or out getting drunk.

I really dont care if they have anything to do or not. Children and the Elderly get support for a reason, they need it. Chavs in cars dont need support, what they need to do is sort something out between themselves and find a place where they can drive around like crippletards and crash into each other without endangering random members of the public who are out shopping or walking out of the cinena :(

The problem is there isn't anywhere provided for them to do that which is why I see it as an issue for the council. Every member of society needs the support of its community and governming body to some degree. Simply labelling them as "idiots" and stating that they should go away wont solve the problem.

Soldato
Captain Planet said:
Yes, in a perfect world.

The problem is there isn't anywhere provided for them to do that which is why I see it as an issue for the council. Every member of society needs the support of its community and governming body to some degree. Simply labelling them as "idiots" and stating that they should go away wont solve the problem.

Its not up to the council to provide facilities for every damm activity that people want to take part in. If they wanna have meets then thats one thing, if they wanna drive around like idiots then they need to organise somewhere suitable for that. This is why most activities have clubs or associations which organise events.

Whilst ever member of a society might need support from its governing body, it doesnt necessarily mean financial support. Id rather see my taxes going to something useful rather than someones hobby.

Book a race track or a airfield or just a damm field or go karting or something >.< dont go hooning around a car park when theres other people around. Half of the people that do this kinda crap have only been driving for a year or so and I wouldnt even trust them to give me a lift somewhere.

Soldato
I am one of those "chavs" that you are talking about. Why should a bunch of ******* spoil it for the rest of us? If people start driving dangerously then fair enough i can see your cause for concern. But at the same time its just like airsoft etc, if its respected its a good way to keep people busy, why should the few ruin it for the majority?
We usually park up far away from any houses so we dont cause a problem and we just play footie, talk about cars and just catch up.

stop being so old and get over it.

Soldato
nice attitude.

Its a bit different to airsoft when some truly stupid driving could cause a LOT of damage and kill people. If you do burnouts in public places you are a tool.

If you park up and chat (like my car club does) without stupid antics then this thread isn't about you or digging you.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla said:
True, but I don't often see people playing airsoft in Asda.
Would be awesome though wouldn't it :D

Bean tin bunkers, shopping trolley drive-by's, hiding in the freezers ready to pounce freezing your knackers off :cool:

Soldato
This type of thing happens at a newly built carpark behind my work. Basically theres the road to go behind the shops for deliveries etc,most of the time there will be trailers parked up overnight so your down to one lane already. They basically floor it from the carpark(Downhill :rolleyes: ) fly past a T junction........ignore the give way at the next T junction...swing left keep going......and going and there onto a dual carriageway where they keep going again. It IS dodgy,last time i was near it there was gangs of chavs and chavettes drinking and causing a stir. One guy in a skyline was told to light it up or he'd get stabbed :confused: yeh ok. Half the people that go up are smoking weed,thats a fact,i know a guy i work with does it and half of them do look out of it.(asking for coke :confused: while driving :confused: )

Its not that im against them going up to the carpark and talking about cars .....playing music loud n that but i was stood one night waiting on my dad and they want to start on you. Standing with my mum(she works in the next shop) and two guys feel the need to start being wide with me....i did tell them to **** off and get a life and a decent motor but if i was myself ide have probaly got a kickin.

Had one guy step out his mates car to act hard till my mate got of his bike to accept his challenge.He got back in. Again,go meet up and talk cars...do play your music loud just dont act like a complete **** in the process. You dont HAVE to be a **** to like dance music...or take drugs or have a corsa.

Soldato
hardkore said:
Kids use airsoft guns and BB guns in the streets though.

Which is a criminal offence and which, if reported, will have the local armed response team there pretty quickly.

Surely no one with an IQ above 5 would support that idea that these people have nothing to do? Are chavs so brain dead, so mentaly deficient that they are unable to entertain themselves without annoying or endangering the public? I guess I've answered my own question there.

I never felt the need to hang around in car parks annoying people or driving like a tit, yet I managed to keep myself amused through a combination of working, hobbies and a social life that didn't revolve around being a tit. There are thousands of things they could do if they actualy wanted to, clearly clustering together like burberry clad sheep and causing trouble is their prefered pastime.

Sorry but I have no time to do-gooders who think that the state is to blame for every social problem. It's primarily these people that have degraded the country to the crappy state it in now.

Caporegime
^^ Agree entirely with everything you say.
These days, kids, louts , youths, call them what you will, thay all seem to want everything handed to them on a plate, they don't seem capable of thinking for themselves, they just follow the leader and then complain bitterly when someone dares to ask them to turn the music down, or please drive more considerately.

Personally the re-introduction of National Service or something similar would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom