Front Parking Sensors

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi,

Does anyone know how these should work i have ordered a set of front and rear for my new mazda and can understand the rear sensors only get engaged with selecting reverse. I don't really want the front sensors beeping all the time so am not sure how this works, any ideas ?

Soldato
You might need to push a button to activate front/rear sensors. Think this is how it worked on the BMWs with front sensors.

Associate
Pinter75 said:
I have wondered about the fronts too. I do need some though. I keep on leaving my car about 2ft from the front of the space in carparks.

Look at your car's reflection in the side wings of the car you are parking next to. Saves you a lot of money doing it that way.

Stonedofmoo said:
LOL!

Front parking sensors?!

Seriously... get some skills :p

What he said ^^

Soldato
Pinter75 said:
I have wondered about the fronts too. I do need some though. I keep on leaving my car about 2ft from the front of the space in carparks.

I used to do that, until I spent an hour in a traffic jam practicing parking against my mate's Mondeo in front. Spent most of the time pushing in his rear bumper though :p

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
LOL!

Front parking sensors?!

Seriously... get some skills :p

winner.jpg

Calm down dear!

Associate
DAvE18 said:
try parking an e39 into a multistory with that big ass bumper than disapears in front of the bonnet its hard to judge with precision.

just go forwards till it hits the wall, that's what the bumper's for. it's only a bmw :p :D

seriously though, i'd assumed that they'd be automatic? if you're parking slow enough they don't need to warn early enough that it would cause problems in traffic? unless you have a habit of pulling up un-neccesarily close to the car in front? no idea how they actually work.

Last edited:
Don
I have front and rear in my A8 and this is how they work.

Upon engaging reverse, both front and rear are activated.
To activate the fronts only, there is a button that I can push. They are deactivated after the car passes a certain speed.

Soldato
Rilot said:
I have front and rear in my A8 and this is how they work.

Upon engaging reverse, both front and rear are activated.
To activate the fronts only, there is a button that I can push. They are deactivated after the car passes a certain speed.

^^ Pretty much the same in the E39. Automatically come on in reverse, or when the button is pressed and switch off when you hit a certain speed or hit the button again.

Back
Top Bottom