• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600 GT for £30?!?

Associate
Hi, i have just spoken to a friend who said he would sell his 6600 GT to me for £30... first of all.. is this a good bargan :D

And most of all... would this card play crysis on all low settings with a OK framerate?

By then i will have 1GB of ram... and im not sure what CPU yet... one faster than my 3200+ lol

(I hate my crap pc :p)

Thanks

Sam

Suspended
For £30, I think it' a good price - Crysis should work Ok at 640x480 resolution at low settings Ok; I'll doubt that ultra low settings like that would be any problem for a smooth framerate. You may even be able to go a tiny bit higher on some less demanding settings.

Associate
good price for a 6600gt.
If it helps, my OCed 6600gt will let me play oblivion with ok settings (1024 x 768), medium texture, but no HDR, distance bars in the middle, but no shadows.
Maybe old, but they are still good cards.

Soldato
The going rate for an agp one is around £60 depending on what make it is so definately a bargain. Get a decent cooler and oc it....though a good one (if agp) will cost as choice is limited

Associate
pair a 6600gt with a fast processor and Ive found it can run modern games no problem. I bought a 2nd hand bfg 6600gt oc for 35 bux a while bk for my htpc rig, I tested it in my main gaming rig to see if it worked and was really impressed with its performance.

Associate
OP
Well.... im glad to say it is a AGP :p xD

Anyway im happy to know im getting a bargain... :)

I dont really know but im sure it will run crysis on low settings... well when i upgrade to 1.5gb ram and a better CPU.

Anyway thanks guys.. im happy to no this is a good purchase xD... lol as at the moment im running on a radeon 9600SE :p witch is lame... but seems to run all games i have tried on low settings... eg. COD2, F.E.A.R., BF2 (Only just but lags when it first starts up) Erm... well pretty much anything... its been a pretty good card to me :p

Anyway thanks again guys..

Sam.

Permabanned
It would be above the minimum requirements for crysis so it should run on low quality.

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista
http://digitalbattle.com/2006/07/23/crysis-system-requirements-released/

Associate
OP
Wow thanks for that link... i could even keep my CPU :S but i will still upgrade a little... :p

I would only have to buy this card from my friend and get a little more ram to run this game... :S thats crazy... :p

But makes me happy... if these are real that is...

Anyway thanks... xD

Sam.

Back
Top Bottom