New House - Need a bed!

Soldato
6631710A63UC133935X.jpg

Thinking of that? £260

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6617583.htm

Wouldn't have that colour spread but want a metal bed though.

Soldato
Personally in my opinion, you spend what a third of your life in a bed? And you want to get one of of a catalogue without even trying it to see how it feels etc.

Goto a local place for the mattress might e a bit more money but a good nights sleep is worth it.

Associate
Are you asking about the frame or the mattress? Frame looks nice but as others have said test a mattress and buy the best can afford, sleep affects everything

Soldato
Get a bed with a solid head rest.

I have a bed with a tubular frame similar to the one shown, and my pillows have the habbit of falling down the holes of the headrest, which is very uncomfortable :(

Make sure you choose a matress sutiable for your needs too, makes for a much nicer sleep!

Man of Honour
It looks like the bed in the conjugal visit cell at the local prison. Go to a bed showroom where you can try out various beds. It's worth spending a good whack of cash on as a cheap bed will fall to bits in no time, even quicker if you frequent it for bedroom olympics.

Soldato
ste_bla said:
Personally in my opinion, you spend what a third of your life in a bed? And you want to get one of of a catalogue without even trying it to see how it feels etc.

Goto a local place for the mattress might e a bit more money but a good nights sleep is worth it.

Yep... We went to Courts (before they went norks skyward!) and ended up paying a little more than if we'd gone to a cataloge... £1200 including Headboard :eek:

Its nice... Silent Night, Suade, Mahoosive Thick Super-King Mattress, Very Comfy... I can spend Days in it!... and, as me n' the missus ain't the smallest of peeps, the Zero-Roll Together is a bonus!.. :cool:

We've had it 3 years and its (nearly) like new... except our kittens like sharpening their claws on it! :mad:

Man of Honour
Scuzi said:
It looks like the bed in the conjugal visit cell at the local prison. Go to a bed showroom where you can try out various beds. It's worth spending a good whack of cash on as a cheap bed will fall to bits in no time, even quicker if you frequent it for bedroom olympics.
I thought the same - either that or a hospital bed.

I mail ordered a silentnight mattress and definitely don't regret it, but then I already knew what I was after, so at that point it makes no odds. If you are not sure, then you absolutely must go try out beds at a local store, even if you end up ordering one by mail order.

Agreed on the pillow thing too - I have enough trouble with a solid headboard.

Associate
Berserker said:
Agreed on the pillow thing too - I have enough trouble with a solid headboard.

Thirded!

edit: In fact that bed looks very familiar, I think it may have had the same one in my house in my final year at uni. I found it comfy enough, but then I am one of those who can sleep on anything. Didn't seem that sturdy though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to agree, Go to a bed shop, try them out, Its what I did for my bed and I have had good nights of sleep ever since.... I would also suggest getting a bed with storage underneath, You might not need it now, But it comes in very handy over time..... Besides that metal one has a hollow underneath.... Monsters live under hollow beds and grab your ankles! *Hides*

Permabanned
Its rubbish. Even thinking about buying that bed is sad. Are you a chemist, or do you have a lot of money? You better have, otherwise NO girl is going to sleep in THAT bed.

Even then, not with you, anyway!

Soldato
Those holders at the side of the bed are daft, could see them getting broken or bumped into... on the other hand, could be good for tieing things to.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom