Christmas time

Soldato
Its 3 months away, thats 25% of the year. Crimbo is getting stupidly early now IMO. I mean, why do people feel the need to do shopping for it now, when one swift trip to the town a few days before does the job :p Cant wait for my uni holidays, 6 weeks of overtime at work :)

Ask me again in december and ill be a bit more in the mood.

Soldato
Stellios said:
Its 3 months away, thats 25% of the year. Crimbo is getting stupidly early now IMO. I mean, why do people feel the need to do shopping for it now, when one swift trip to the town a few days before does the job :p Cant wait for my uni holidays, 6 weeks of overtime at work :)

Ask me again in december and ill be a bit more in the mood.

I always do a swift trip myself, but love cristmas! Can't wait, my favourite 2 weeks of the year with new years and crimbo and the aftermath.

Caporegime
I hate it, it's like everyone is forced to be nice to each other and get together for this one event. I mean if you don't like a certain someone what does it matter what day it is? As for presents......can we just skip it, i rather keep my money and get something i want with it instead of getting random gifts that i don't want.

Yes, i get the idea, nice idea of family getting together...but to me it's all very commericalised to a point it's pushed up to your face with all the companies doing their best to promote this holiday.

I am nice to the people i love all year round, Christmas or no Christmas. That said, i do give out cards, as it's a nice thing to do since everyone else loves it.

Suspended
Yeah, despite the doom-mongering you get every year, I really enjoy doing my shopping right up until Christmas Eve. I went down Oxford St when everyone was going "oh no, don't go it'll be hell" - didn't have to queue for more than 30 secs in any shop.

Associate
Christmas time..............................mistletoe and wine, children sing....

bah humbug - shops should start Christmas decs, pressies etc last week in November at the latest. We then might all get into the Christmas spirit instead of moaning about it for the three months leading up to it

Soldato
I truely despise christmas and think you only really enjoy christmas if you either have kids or are a kid. Saying that Im looking forward to it this year, not so much the fact for christmas but the fact Im going to the Dominican Republic on January 7. So I get nearly two weeks off for christmas, work for a few days then off for another two weeks.

Associate
Last year I worked both Christmas day and New Year's day, got paid triple time and to be honest I didn't mind. I'm not a fan of Christmas at all, the concept annoys me, its all about presents and buying this and that for a whole bunch of people who probably couldn't care less either. I hate the whole them aswell, jingle ******* bells and all that nonsense, does my head in.

Permabanned
Maybe those who don't really enjoy the Xmas festivities should volunteer to work on those days in a home of some sort. I have done this twice, working in old peoples' homes and found it to be very rewarding. It really brought home the true spirit of Xmas, with everyone working together to create an atmosphere for those who may not be with us for another year. Try it, you will make many people very happy and that is the whole point isn't it?

Soldato
Havent really seen a shop with anything xmasy up here yet :)
So I'm not really in the xmas spirit yet
I never really start feeling like christmasy until erly december. It's deffinetly the best time of the year for me, getting to meet up with all your family for 2 weeks having fun and sharing memories :)

Back
Top Bottom