Protection Against Identity Theft

Associate
Hi, I recently had my wallet stolen by a pickpocket and I need some advise with regards to identity theft.

In my wallet I had debit cards, drivers license, national insurance card, student cards, etc.

My question is, how can I stop the theif from carrying out fraudulent activities in my name?

Suspended
Spike560 said:
Hi, I recently had my wallet stolen by a pickpocket and I need some advise with regards to identity theft.

In my wallet I had debit cards, drivers license, national insurance card, student cards, etc.

My question is, how can I stop the theif from carrying out fraudulent activities in my name?

Did you cancel them, did they have your address AND your name?

More info.

Soldato
Man, you are gonna fight a uphill battle! First inform the tax credit office or DWP...that's the easiest one. Kill your cards, register with experian and ask for the option of aditional security when ever a credit is applyed for in your name.

Associate
OP
crystaline said:
Did you cancel them, did they have your address AND your name?

I cancelled the bank cards as soon as I realised and they have my drivers license (AKA my name and address)

EDIT: I can't find a contact number with regards to what I need on the DWP's website, could someone help me out?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Check that your mail continues. We had a similar experience and all our mail was forwarded to another address and then the ********* opened various bank accounts etc. and owed loads of money all over the place. We had a hell of a time explaining that it wasn't us and we still suffer from bad credit ratings, even though there is a record that this went on.

Good luck.

Soldato
Spike560 said:

Why are you carring your NI card and drivers license anyway. Keep the license in the car and keep the NI at home its not like you need it bar filling in say a application form for a job.

Associate
OP
teaboy5 said:
Why are you carring your NI card and drivers license anyway. Keep the license in the car and keep the NI at home its not like you need it bar filling in say a application form for a job.

It was still in my wallet from work over the summer. I need my Driving licence for ID ;) I don't even own a car. I would imagine nearly everyone carries that in their wallet at my age.

Thanks for the help people :)

Back
Top Bottom