Help!!! Graphical corruption - now windows won't load!!

Suspended
I was just reading a saved html file then all of a sudden, the screen went corrupted, so I thought "oh No swearing!" pressed reset, and it was corrupted at the Leadtek BIOS screen, then went Ok on main BIOS screen, windows loading bar appeared alright, then just as it goes into windows it stops, with a corruped mouse curser. I restarted again, and now Leadtek BIOS screen shows Ok, but windows still hangs at this point. I tried in Windows XP Safe Mode with VGA only and that loads up fine with no corruption at all. So, is my card borked? Or has the driver file become corruped somehow, in which case what do I do to fix it?!!! Only had the machine just over two weeks.

System spec is:

AM2 3800+
MSI K9N Neo-F 550 MCP
2GB GeIL DDR2 PC5300 RAM
Leadtek 7900GS
Single Maxtor 160GB IDE Harddrive
Samsung DVD drive
All in Antec NSK 4400 case, with 380watt PSU.

Had been working fine before that, in fact, had been gaming earlier in the evening and everything was great.

Please please help!! :(

Suspended
OP
I'll add that I'm using the 91.45 drivers which came with the PC.

I should also add that on one of the starts a couple of days ago I did get the same issue with it locking just after the windows loading bar had finished and the same corruption appeared (i.e. black screen with corrupted curser) - but it booted up fine after a reset.

Associate
could be graphics driver corruption.
have you tried booting into safe mode
and uninstalling your card, then re-install
its all i can think of

Jobe

Associate
Corruption at bios - sounds like video memory to me. Had that with two seperate agp cards. Id try reseating the card and if possible 'borrow' someones card to make sure its nothing else in your system.

Back
Top Bottom