• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 Master Card Bios !! Plz Help :-(

Associate
I have a HIS X1900 Master only prob is for some reason there are 2 models . the Model I got runs at 621/1440

while the other model runs at 625/1450

would anyone happen to have the bios dum for model H190CF512 that runs at 625/1450 ?

and if it doesn't matter as long as i can flash with just an Ati master bios . does anyone have any bios dump for a master running at 625/1450

thx in advance

Associate
OP
shrug . i dunno if its worth it or not . thats what im trying to fins out lol but im sure "with respect to your comment" that everyones opinion would vary on it .

I was just seeing what options were there . if any and so on

I hear a lot of people yelling Ati tool . system tray overclock .

I don't have as huge of a prob reflashing my bios for a couple of cllicks as much as I do letting software run resident to control my internal vid card clock speed lol

Suspended
Safer to overclock, then to flash graphics BIOS possible getting a bricked card in the process. You will get differences in overclocking ability between two cards, that's normal.

Associate
My last ati card died.And the first thing that ran through my head ...was i using the PE modified bios at the time?...then realised id flashed it back earlier.As after testing it didnt really add much, once i software overclocked using concordes rules guide,as an aid.

This has several times run through my head.And im soo glad i flashed it back to the BACKUP rom.As it made my rma hassle free.

these cards are expensive

Associate
OP
cool . thanks for the input guys .

so bottom line is after i install if i want to increase performance I should step up the core speeds with Ati tool

NEWB question here . after you disable all the resident Ati software to overclock your cores . once you get the stable and what you want them at do you have to have the tools and or anything running resident? re-enable the Ati software? or are the clocks basically locked at that speed as defaults from there on out 2D/3D

thanks for the help :)

Suspended
tbh the non ati ccc overclocking utils are a pain in the bum, at least with ccc the overclock feature is only for 3d modes, you really don't want to be running 3d speeds when doing 2d work, for one thing excess heat.

Associate
squiffy said:
you really don't want to be running 3d speeds when doing 2d work, for one thing excess heat.

CCC overclock
true, this method is fun and satisfactory.The other methods are for, if you really need the extra gazillionth of power for your needs.by then youll know what to ask so you too can do it :)

Back
Top Bottom