• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HELP! Unstable PC. Think its CPU voltage related - D975xbx

Associate
hi all, recently built a new PC (spec in sig) and today, twice, the rig has frozen. while watching a vid, the sound repeated over and over and nothing responded. had to hard reboot to recover

now afaik, if its memory, you usually get reboots while if its the cpu - you get lock ups. on top of this, the intel hardware monitoring prog flashes red with the CPU core being ' out of range' frmo 1.8 to 1.2v

to try and work around this i checked out the bios to try and increase the voltage to the cpu a notch but cant find the option! i found ram options, MCH options and host burn in modes and &s but no vcore

i found this on anandtechs site re: overclocking this mobo but i cant find the options :(

Associate
well sounds like a new board or a dud buy.someone might put out modified vcores and multis for you.But seems like youve bought an non-clocker, at a time when you really wanted to buy a clocker :confused:

EDIT maybe check sound eax options and reduce for sound stability

Associate
OP
Mrchu_ said:
well sounds like a new board or a dud buy.someone might put out modified vcores and multis for you.But seems like youve bought an non-clocker, at a time when you really wanted to buy a clocker :confused:

EDIT maybe check sound eax options and reduce for sound stability

what? this is nothing to do with overclocking the chip. i havent touched anything in the bios apart from boot options.

the sysem is unstable. i dont think its the RAM and want to change the vcore. why would i buy a new board for that? :confused:

Associate
okay guy calm down.I didnt mean to insult you.im not saying buy a new board.

I did suggest onboard sound settings.As my particicular board needs special everythings to work stable.it may be a sound driver thing(EAX perhaps) if it fails sound.or drivers maybe if its anew board.... another suggestion was a bios edition update may work a trick as suggested by above poster.Stability on some new boards comes from enthusiasts

sorry

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ta for the reply, but i dont htink its the sound drivers. besides, it would give me an error report from windows itself in that case (had it on another PC).

i do plan to go back a bios or 2 but if that doesnt make a diff, i'll have to try 'the mod'.

Associate
Yeah it would probably have an error.but as a try,do disable all unesessary things in bios usb lan sound (plus others) ... I would also uninstall all unessesary lan sound drivers from windows if it a new board to try and isolate bios setup querries.ram setup,or vcore.

memtest for ram
dual prime 95 for cpu

Associate
OP
already memtested it mate :)

have disconnected USB drives etc also. will see if i can grab one of those conductive ink pens from a local shop tomorrow. if not, will have to leave it as is till midweek

Back
Top Bottom