6 Points in a ******* week

Soldato
You all saw my thread last week, now when out on the bike this morning I got annother 3 points and £60 fine, and my bike came up as having no insurace so I have to produce! (I do have insurance)

Apparenly I crossed a solid white line, but if I did I was at the very start of it, certainly was broken lines when I started the overtake, and there was nothing dangerous about the manuver, nor was I speeding. There was plenty of room, and a good enough view to see there was nothing immediately coming the other way.

The copper was very snotty from the off with me, clearly did't like bikers!
I was very polite throughout untill he asked me if I thaught it was dangerous (he had already booked me). I said it wasn't dangerous or else I wouldent have done it, he dissagreed and basically continued to be a ****.
Then he told me I had no insurance, and was not old enough to ride the bike!! He didn't even know that you can ride any bike having passed for over 2 years, luckily I had my licence on me!

Is it just targets or sometshing, he was clearly following me (and other unfortunate bikers probably) in an unmarked car waiting to get them on a technicality such as that! A bit ****** off to say the least.

Caporegime
Oakesy2001uk said:
You all saw my thread last week, now when out on the bike this morning I got annother 3 points and £60 fine, and my bike came up as having no insurace so I have to produce! (I do have insurance)

Apparenly I crossed a solid white line, but if I did I was at the very start of it, certainly was broken lines when I started the overtake, and there was nothing dangerous about the manuver, nor was I speeding. There was plenty of room, and a good enough view to see there was nothing immediately coming the other way.

I was very polite throughout untill he asked me if I thaught it was dangerous (he had already booked me). I said it wasn't dangerous or else I wouldent have done it, he dissagreed and basically continued to be a ****.
Then he told me I had no insurance, and was not old enough to ride the bike!! He didn't even know that you can ride any bike having passed for over 2 years, luckily I had my licence on me!

Is it just targets or sometshing, he was clearly following me (and other unfortunate bikers probably) in an unmarked car waiting to get them on a technicality such as that! A bit ****** off to say the least.

its coppers like that , that give the police a bad name for themselves

they proove their ignorance by not knowing the rules with regards what age you have to be to ride what bike. If you dont know the laws, you shouldnt go spouting off that you do and get it wrong

you just look a fool.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Aw well poo happens, I'm pretty sure I was caught by a scamera van on Friday, was annoyed at myself as I should have seen it.

Ironically I was busy looking at another layby they hide in and thought yay nothing there, looked down and the van was in a new place, doh.

Still I refused to be one of these people who slams on their anchors at the first sign of anything with flourescent strips so just just lifted off the throttle and carried on down the hill knowing I'd be for it :( Let's just hope they were busy eating their lunch or something.

Even worse was the only reason I was there was to nip home to get my car tax as it hadn't arrived by the time I'd left for work and needed it as I'm away for the weekend and didn't want to drive around without a valid disk (even though it was bought and paid for at home, just that the post arrives after we leave for work).

Guess I've got 2 weeks to wait and see, my own fault and I guess 3 points isn't too bad :)

Soldato
Cant you challenge it? Not sure what the rules are but surely he needs proof? If it was a traffic car it would have video, and if you're caught by a speedgun again theres proof. Did this car have video on it? If not I dont see how they can do you. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Permabanned
Sagalout said:
Cant you challenge it? Not sure what the rules are but surely he needs proof? If it was a traffic car it would have video, and if you're caught by a speedgun again theres proof. Did this car have video on it? If not I dont see how they can do you. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
I don't think they need video do they? At least the copper who stopped me a few weeks ago and said "I could do you for careless driving. I can put points on your licence!" didn't seem to think so.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
I don't think they need video do they? At least the copper who stopped me a few weeks ago and said "I could do you for careless driving. I can put points on your licence!" didn't seem to think so.

I thought it was;

Video
or
2 Officers
or
1 Officer and members of the public making statements

Associate
Oakesy2001uk said:

Dude, unlucky! :(

Go and crack open a cold beer and chill. (Just remember to sober up before setting off on any more journeys - you don't need more points!!)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Unlucky mate, I was givena ticket for "driving" my bike onto pavement. At the time I was in Threshers in my village which has nowhere to park close to anywhere.

I had actually wheeled it up and put it right upto the wall out of the way. Apparently it's illegal to leave a motorised vehicle there, although theres people further up the street with shops who do the same with cars. Plus he hadn't obviously seen me as I never drove it on there in the first place.

Sods law.

Luckily though, 90% of the local police, ambulance drivers and firemen all all bikers or have been at some time... so it's not a bad place to ride out.

Permabanned
3 Points? Hmm my mate got done for exactly the same thing yet he gone done for dangerous! :o

However i might have dropped myself in big poo on the bike today, came to a new roundabout to quick in the rain today. Locked up and went completely straight.. ended up going around the wrong way! Luckily no cars :o

Soldato
Im even getting it on my pedal bike. Got a telling off for going to fast :rolleyes: Yeh ok thanks mate,i do have brakes that will stop me within a meter...thanks bye.

Soldato
OP
Chilling out a bit now, although I now have 3 years with only annother 6 points to a ban, annother week like this week and its gone :(

Im not going to challenge this one as he had video so I had no choice but to agree I crossed the white line, when I pulled out to overtake it was a broken line, had I been less polite to the car, or accelarated faster I would have got in before the solid line started, thats what you get for trying to do the better thing. :mad:

I'll take this one, and try and use this pace thing on the NIP I got last week. Waiting for the pics though first see if it was scamera or radar gun.

Better go and produce and pay up tommorow! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom