Rapid Saloons for 10k

Caporegime
As per above post, my mate has got himself an Octavia VRS 2003 for 8k. And i was seriously impressed by it.

I had been wanting an impreza to replace the picasso in a couple of years when most of my points have gone. What else is worth looking at for this price

(p.s Fox your 530 sport suggestions has already been taken on board :p)

Soldato
just under £10k

102713-5.jpg

Soldato
i wouldnt say the st220 is.... rapid. mine is doing my head in it has mood swings. one day it will accelerate like a bloody rally car then the next its like its choking and couldnt pull itself out of a wet paper bag.

more of a modest saloon (but im angry at it so im biased)

also, yea them new saabs are a pain :mad:

Soldato
Volkswagen Passat W8 (the automatic estate is a very pleasant place to be as your face gets squished by the acceleration), Mitsubishi Galant/Legnum VR4, ageing BMW 3, 5, 7, 8 series with gigantic engines, Vauxhall Vectra with the 3.0 diesel motor or the 2.6l V6 petrol, Peugeot 407 (just) with the 3.0l petrol, Citroen C5 with the same engine, Cadillac STS (just don't try it round corners!), but everyone here should know by now that I would recommend the Skoda - fabulous performance for the money. It's basically a slightly bigger Golf GTi.

Arc

Arc

Associate
Wayn0r said:
i wouldnt say the st220 is.... rapid. mine is doing my head in it has mood swings. one day it will accelerate like a bloody rally car then the next its like its choking and couldnt pull itself out of a wet paper bag.

Sounds like Ford ECU gremlins. Have you tried really giving it some stick one day and see what happens the next?

Soldato
Arc said:
Sounds like Ford ECU gremlins. Have you tried really giving it some stick one day and see what happens the next?

its been remapped, kn induction and exhaust. they got rid of all the flat spots and got an extra 20bhp out of the remap. Since then, ive noticed that if i nail the car for half an hour or so. it starts to tick over about 500rpms higher than normal. and is really responsive and aggressive.

i dont get much chance to do it these days but ill give it a try.

i was thinking of getting a dastek unichip to piggyback the current ecu but there is still the problem of the original ford pos :/

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
Pre-facelift Saab 9-5 Aero. Latest models are 260bhp which should be enough for anyone

Dealer I got my Vectra V6 3.0 from a few weeks ago had a silver 9-5 Aero 2003 model with 39k on the clock. I had a look at it when I went up there to check the Vectra out and I was sorely tempted!!!. But the wife said "No!!!!".

Think it will go for @£10k.

Its an immaculate example and a lot of car for the money.

Details HERE

Or what about a Vectra-C 3.2 GSi?. Again, a lot of car for the money!!!. A 2005 with tiny miles can be had for @£10k. ( Waits for Foxy to slam me for being a Vectra fanboi again!!!!! :p ).

Back
Top Bottom