creating a network with a wireless print server

Associate
At the moment, i live in student accomodation which has 6 people living in it. However, we all have individual telephone lines in our rooms, each with our own usb adsl modem.

In my room, I have a wireless adsl modem/router which i connect to by ethernet, and the rest of the house use it if they bring their laptops downstairs.

Would the only way of creating a network be to use my internet connection and my wireless router? Would this make a slow connection though as the house is already split in to 6 different telephone lines? Is there a way of each person using their usb modem for the internet, while still having a seperate network to share files/share itunes etc?

Lastly, we also want to buy a wireless print server. Is there a way of creating a log file from each persons pc to keep track of how much people use the printer?

Much Appreciated
Andy

Associate
If everyone shared your internet connection it would be terribly slow. Theres no reason why you cant network your computers together anyway and share files etc.(afaik). Each computer simply needs a network card, which all connect to a central switch.

With the wireless print server, i would expect they provide software with some sort of logging feature.

Associate
OP
If i created a wireless network, then would each person connect to the internet through their own usb modem on the wireless?

Back
Top Bottom