Price Checks please. LCD TV's

Soldato
Hi guys well working for my company i have just found out i get some discounts on some electrical equipment, now the three LCD's they have that are in my price range are as follows.

JVC LT-26DR7SJ LCD TV which comes in at £570

Sony KDL-26S2010 LCD TV which is £670

and finally

Toshiba 32WLT66 LCD TV with free stand for £700.

are these reasonable prices? i'm not bothered about a tenner here or there as i can get them on a buy now pay in 12month deal, so can earn interest on cash i would otherwise invest in the TV.

Those prices include delivery.

Thanks in advance.

SoliD

Soldato
OP
well the discounts arent that great as still got to pay loads for delivery so still on the hunt for a 32inch tv. think i might get the toshiba from currys 699 inc delivery and 10months interest free payments. saves me paying out the lump sum.

Soldato
Yes it is, the Freeview built into the WLT isn't worth 96 quid though is it? Even a really decent freeview box will only set you back 30-40....

Associate
Windle said:
Yes it is, the Freeview built into the WLT isn't worth 96 quid though is it? Even a really decent freeview box will only set you back 30-40....

If you've got Sky or NTL etc then no need for a freeview box at all.
So the 32WL66 for under £600 seems a bargain!

Soldato
OP
Well just purchased the Toshiba 32WL66 for 608, buy now pay in 9months, so all good :D cant wait for it to arrive. just need a dual tuner tv card now and im all sorted.

Associate
sorry to sort of hijack but i cant believe how much lcd have come down in 9 months, i paid £1079 for my 32WLT58 and that was the cheapest i saw it for, John Lewis price matched it and theirs was at £1400ish but they did it for £1079 so i got the 5 years gaurantee. I would have been gutted if i'd paid £1400 but im still a bit peeved.

Go for the tosh you wont regret it, i havent, and ive just got a new dvd recorder
so im in for HD goodness when i get the hdmi lead.

Soldato
OP
R5Rich said:
god that toshiba is very tempting now was gonna go for the A321 but i think thats swayed me

tbh for what i think 12quid more i dont see why not, ye it hasnt got freeview but who cares can pick a half good box up for what 30odd quid these days, plus two hdmi inputs vga input, component, twin rgb scarts, got the connectivity to sort me out for a fair while yet. just need to get a long enough vga cable to connect my pc now :D

Soldato
I already have a freeview box so thats not an issue and with my birthday coming up soon getting a bit of ££ from parents towards it to make it less painful i have now changed my mind and will be getting that toshiba! thanq for the spot and sorry for hijacking thread also :D

Soldato
OP
R5Rich said:
I already have a freeview box so thats not an issue and with my birthday coming up soon getting a bit of ££ from parents towards it to make it less painful i have now changed my mind and will be getting that toshiba! thanq for the spot and sorry for hijacking thread also :D

haha well if you can get a credit agreement, loads of e-tailers are doing buy now pay 9 months later. surprising how easy it is to get it too! np and have fun with it, cant wait til mine comes now, just waiting for them to call me to arrange a delivery date.

Soldato
OP
Well got this today, and all i can say is stunning even SD doesnt look too bad. after seeing it on my mums small lcd, its pretty sharp. Got a freeview box to go with it. nice having some extra channels, and HD content is absolutely gorgeous.

To be honest it is a little big for my room and doesnt fit exactly as i would like but i think i can squeeze it in properly with a bit of effort so it doesnt seem to impose so much on my room. will get some pics up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom