A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
ninjapilot said:
well i got a copy of the Delux version coming better start d/l the latest patch 300 odd meg in size ((blimey))

Ninja

Ninj, to avoid any hassle follow this install proceedure :-

install Battlefield 2
install Special Forces (will pre-patch auto)
install 1.4 Full Patch

always install the patch after any addons or booster packs

Associate
Aekeron said:
I've been trying to get back into BF2 after a very long (near 1 year) hiatus. Are the expansions really that worthwhile? I've heard a lot of people insulting them and others praising...so...what do ppl think?

The only thing thats good from SF is the ** sniper unlock and the G36E imo, You know i got that gfx lag and so did my bro when playing sf and thats why i never played it..

If you wanna play ground pound then just join an Infantry only server in bf2, There normally really good fun but all the snipers ruin it by putting claymore everywhere you go, oh and nade spam is at its worst aswell.. so keep moving and dont stand around because you will find yourself with nades in your face the whole time..

"nade spamming claymores noobs who cant sniper to save there life" I wish i was a l33t as them :rolleyes:

Associate
I wouldn't bother with the addons nowadays, I have them all and hardly play them. Just get a mod like PoE or something if you get bored of normal maps.

Soldato
BF SF is not a £5 download from EA, thats for the booster packs, I just got SF
& unlike the boosterpacks it is a standalone so you have to load one or the other, best price I could find for SF was £14.99 inc del

Associate
Usher said:
BF SF is not a £5 download from EA, thats for the booster packs, I just got SF
& unlike the boosterpacks it is a standalone so you have to load one or the other, best price I could find for SF was £14.99 inc del

yeah sorry my bad, i couldnt see because of my damn filter at work :mad:

Soldato
Aekeron : Special forces is great, maps like Warlord and Ghost town stand head and shoulders above the normal ' Vanilla maps ' found in just bf2.

the best thing about SF ? no frikin planes, its all ground pounding with some nifty vehicles and the odd tank for good measure.

Zip lines and grapple hooks allow you to slide from roof to roof and allow access to places you could never previously have gotten too.

well worth the investment and is a nice break from Karkand only servers o_0 !!

-------

on another note, you can play infantry only now using vanilla BF2 and thats also great fun, like some of the kiddies on here repeatedly moan about nade and claymore spam , yes sometimes its a bore but mostly its great fun.

-------

install the game, go forth, have fun and kill kill kill !!!!!!

Associate
eekfek said:
Aekeron : Special forces is great, maps like Warlord and Ghost town stand head and shoulders above the normal ' Vanilla maps ' found in just bf2.

the best thing about SF ? no frikin planes, its all ground pounding with some nifty vehicles and the odd tank for good measure.

Zip lines and grapple hooks allow you to slide from roof to roof and allow access to places you could never previously have gotten too.

well worth the investment and is a nice break from Karkand only servers o_0 !!

-------

on another note, you can play infantry only now using vanilla BF2 and thats also great fun, like some of the kiddies on here repeatedly moan about nade and claymore spam , yes sometimes its a bore but mostly its great fun.

-------

install the game, go forth, have fun and kill kill kill !!!!!!

Yeah mainly me but it is very good fun when your not dieing all the time..

Associate
bf 2142

Battlefield 2142 Senior Producer Marcus Nisslon has been interviewed by Computer & Video Games.

Are you saying you've been a bit crap then?

Marcus Nilsson: No, it's not that we are necessarily very bad, we're not, but there is a very vocal minority on the forums who say 'EA is crap' and 'DICE are lazy', but they're all probably playing the game every day already anyway. We have minor problems, sometimes we have big problems, but minor problems are not what people should write about. Maybe they should write about why they're playing Battlefield every day. But that's human nature, I guess - you have a vocal minority and a silent majority.

[..]

As it uses the same 3D engine, is it fair to assume 2142 be the kid brother to BF2, as Vietnam was to 1942?

Marcus Nilsson: No, that's not fair. First of all this whole same-engine thing is just not true. Battlefield 2142 has an evolved engine. There was code from Codename Eagle in BF2 and there is code from BF2 in 2142. Y'know that's the way it always is. Engines evolve, you don't just throw everything away and start from scratch. We've replaced the rendering, but from BF2 we have the same network engine... Actually, for the gamers that like to play online, this probably the best engine out there. There are highly improved visuals, but it's also much more stable. The code is naturally better because it's been worked on for so long. The server browser is 600% faster, UI navigation is easier, connecting will be a one-screen process....

With regard to Vietnam, if you want to consider it a sort of Battlefield 1.5, that's fine, but 2142 is going to be much more than a v2.5 because so much innovation has gone into it. For one we have a brand new game mode that is more objective-based. Then we have the persistence around the player, which will change how you equip yourself and which changes the momentum of the battle.

Good read, be sure to check it out here at C&VG.

Associate
Siders77 said:
Grrrrrr, getting really annoyed now.

I get my 100 hours as Engineer today. Get my 40 kills so I try and get my expert repair.

Ended up getting 18 repair points at least 3 times in a row. :mad: :mad:

I had the same problem, in the end I taunted the opposition into blowing up the commander assets e.g. "my mum could do a better job than you spec ops nancy boys" that motivated a lot of them bust into the palace on warlord and get C4 happy.
Or you could get into a co-ordinated armoured column (a la karkand) and just sit in a tank/apc repairing the others vehicles but be prepared for the cries of tank whore/not fair/try playing the game properly etc...

Man of Honour
Lol. That sounds amusing ;) In q3 I'd get annoyed with people using the BFG so now and again I'd spend a game just camping the bfg spawn and only shooting people that came into to try and get it. Used to irritate people sooo much, but they deserved it - and the rest of the server ended up relatively BFG-free, so everybody wins :)

I'll def give it a try again once I have some time. At the mo I'm kind of bogged down with LAN organisation - only 1 month to go :S

Associate
jim5000 said:
I wouldn't bother with the addons nowadays, I have them all and hardly play them. Just get a mod like PoE or something if you get bored of normal maps.

Just thought it be easyer to install the booster packd from disk than down loading.
As connecting to the EA Down load centre can be a pain some times.

Back
Top Bottom