Teeth Whitening - At Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
they do damge your teeth though - peroxide based ones (usually carbamide peroxide) create lots of tiny 'pits' on your teeth weakening the enamel. I've seen perborate ones but they are slower, but probably less harmful to teeth (but thats only a guess)

Associate
apparently kits from north america are more effective as they contain 3% hydrogen peroxide whereas those in the UK have a maximum of 0.1% or something - not enough to make a significant difference.

Caporegime
I really wouldn't recommend Hydrogen Peroxide on your teeth.

Try an old Lead based paint instead.

I heard lead based paint was a bit dangerous if you accidentally swallow it.

Better to get some household bleach - dilute it in a bit of water and brush your teeth with it - if you swallow some then its probably not much different to swallowing water at a swimming pool.....

Caporegime
For a serious answer - crest white strips - import them from the US via e-bay.

For some reason the yanks are so obsessed with staining their teeth white they have almost been conditioned into believe that teeth should be bright white and have a stereotype that British people somehow have bad teeth. (About as logical as trying to argue that people who don't use sunbeds have bad skin)

Man of Honour
Heres a novel idea... brush your teeth twice a day, floss regularly, brush after meals containing especially staining food/drink when possible.

Man of Honour
I do twice a day now - never used to - suprisingly along with the right toothpaste it does make quite a difference - sure you won't get that bleached white look but it does do away with the yellow/brown look (except after drinking tea, cola, etc.) mine are quite a respectable uniform color thats fairly close to white except from close observation.

Soldato
That's sound advice for general dental hygiene. Unfortunately, it doesn't make your teeth white.

And as for brushing twice a day, does anyone actually do that? I brush once a day.

Yes. I brush after breakfast in the morning, then again before bed on the night time. When do you brush, just in the morning? If so, you are leaving bits of food and plaque to eat away at your teeth all day and all night.

Man of Honour
Same here - after breakfast and before bed - never used to but started doing it after a root canal job and was suprised how much difference it makes with general dental hygiene and how presentable my teeth are aesthetically (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom