Awesome MX5

Soldato
Personally although i quite like the MX5 for its looks, its still a little girly, found this on another forum and it looks awesome, run of 350 only however :(

autowprumazdamx5coupe3vx9.jpg

Soldato
Remove the things around the lights and the weird strips stuck on the wheel arches.

Change the bumper valance and skirts for body coloured alternatives and yes it will look nice.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
These were out a few years ago, I had the Evo mag review of them somewhere.

There was a hard top version and a turbo version (low pressur ethough, I think about 170bhp).

The hard top looked like a baby xk8/r.

Caporegime
Berger said:
Heres an original one i think...

MiataCoupe2_2004.gif

Hard to tell if its a MK2 or 2.5, if its a MK2 as standard it will be 140Bhp or it could be the turbo version which is a round 170, if its the mk2 it will be 146bhp.

1.8 btw, 2.0 only came in with the Mk3.

The red one looks great, wish they have released it.

Permabanned
Step one: buy some used MX5s

Step two: coat liberally in superglue

Step three: ram-raid Halfords

Step four: ???

Step five: profit!

*n

Soldato
OP
penski said:
Step one: buy some used MX5s

Step two: coat liberally in superglue

Step three: ram-raid Halfords

Step four: ???

Step five: profit!

*n
Halfords do different manufacturing processes at the original factory now? :confused: :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
Hard to tell if its a MK2 or 2.5, if its a MK2 as standard it will be 140Bhp or it could be the turbo version which is a round 170, if its the mk2 it will be 146bhp.

1.8 btw, 2.0 only came in with the Mk3.

The red one looks great, wish they have released it.

One I had the Evo review of was a mk2.5 as it had the 6 speed box and the vvti or whatever the mazda equiv was engine iirc.

Caporegime
Ev0 said:
One I had the Evo review of was a mk2.5 as it had the 6 speed box and the vvti or whatever the mazda equiv was engine iirc.

VVTI engine was 146bhp stock, nice engine to drive pulls well all the way to 7500rpm, only thing i can't remember is if mazda released a factory turbo edition of the VVTI engine.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
VVTI engine was 146bhp stock, nice engine to drive pulls well all the way to 7500rpm, only thing i can't remember is if mazda released a factory turbo edition of the VVTI engine.

The artical was about the coupe and the turbo version, released at the same time so assume it's all the same engine.

The mag article says they thought it looked E type esque too.

Man of Honour
I actually like that a lot - the red one though. I'd have one. I like having a convertible, but that would also rock. A hardtop version of my car would be awesome. Especially with nearly 200bhp on tap :cool: More rigidity for a start.

Still I'd miss having the soft top. Maybe have one of each?! :D

Back
Top Bottom