Medieval 2 Demo

Associate
Was hoping to find some information here,

The official forums have been plauged with torrent links, but those pesky admins have been at it again!.

The info i did find out there though is that one of the demo's is said to be quite dated. On the other hand a lot of PC Gamer subscribers have got their hands on a demo from november's edited (2 weeks early).

Either way i want to get my grubby hands on it.

Not had a decent game in months i tell you, months!.

Associate
downloading as we speak, praise the OP, totally forgot the demo was out soon, thou i thought the demo wasnt meant for release for like another two weeks or so? owel, im not complaining :D

btw, anyone know what the fuss is over unsupported cpu's? seems in the demos .txt it states that a vast majority of cpus wont run it/aren't compatible, anyone have any info?

Man of Honour
Readme says that "The processor must support SSE2" and from wiki these CPUs dont work with it
* AMD Athlon
* AMD Athlon XP / MP
* AMD Duron
* AMD Sempron (Socket A versions)
* Intel Pentium II Xeon
* Intel Pentium III Xeon
* Intel Pentium II
* Intel Pentium III
* Intel Celeron (Slot 1, Socket 370)
* Intel Itanium
* Intel Itanium 2

Associate
played the demo through a few times, great graphics, wish there was more to the demo, but heh, its a demo, just need to start modding it now, need to get more gunpowder units for the HRE, something so pleasing watching the french charge into a hail storm of shot *evil smile*

Soldato
plays fine thankfully, but is a real system hog
glad i just got hold of an AGP 7900GS 512 ;p as my 9800 was about to die

it runs just about ok on full detail but does get jerky in large battles
trim the gfx down a little and its a beauty .
so to celebrate that my rig can run it ive just ordered this :-

med2collectorsxs7.jpg

Soldato
Im puzzled , its not ok to talk about software pirated on Bit Torrent normally but its ok to talk about unauthourised Demos realised on Bit Torrent , isnt it still illegal?

Caporegime
Roughneck said:
Im puzzled , its not ok to talk about software pirated on Bit Torrent normally but its ok to talk about unauthourised Demos realised on Bit Torrent , isnt it still illegal?

Well its on pcgamer so .....

Back
Top Bottom