Anyone here with fasthosts?

Associate
OP
Hmm, I think it's their database servers. I can access html/php pages, but nothing connected to the database. My content managed site is hurting!

Soldato
Yeah, the SQL server has wandered off again for me, it looks a bit nastier than the usual disappearances this time, though. This pretty much reaffirms my need to change host.

EDIT: Linux hosting for me.

Associate
OP
Mr_L said:
Yeah, the SQL server has wandered off again for me, it looks a bit nastier than the usual disappearances this time, though. This pretty much reaffirms my need to change host.
Yeah. I always told everyone they were good, but to be honest I've had more problems with them then I've had with any other host (apart from a free one, but there's not much in it!!) Maybe time to open a "suggest me a new host" thread, for the poor fasthost customers :(

Soldato
Mr_L said:
This pretty much reaffirms my need to change host.

I've never had any major problems with fasthosts. Every major hosting company experiences some faults from time to time.

theMAD2 said:
I can't even login on their site
https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/login/
just times out!

Yeah, their site is down. Although I just tried their webmail thingy and that works for me. My Emails are working fine.

Soldato
theMAD2 said:
Maybe time to open a "suggest me a new host" thread, for the poor fasthost customers :(
I already know which one I'm going to disappear to with my money.

shifty_uk said:
I've never had any major problems with fasthosts. Every major hosting company experiences some faults from time to time.
Their SQL servers are always wandering off for a break, though. Admittedly they usually come back quite quickly, but it's still an anoyance. A lot of other hosts offer better value for money as well, so it's not just this behind my decision to move.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
shifty_uk said:

Yeah, their site is down. Although I just tried their webmail thingy and that works for me. My Emails are working fine.
This is my second outage this year. The other was during the world cup and they were down all day.

Soldato
The login page is down here too.

SQL seems to be running though. Just tried one of our clients' sites and it's working fine.

Windows here.

Back
Top Bottom