What's the oldest component in your rig?

Man of Honour
Just wondering what the oldest component you have in your main system is? Needs to be a proper item i.e. not a fan, IDE cable or something silly like that. Also an actual part of the base unit rather than that grotty ps2 keyboard you've had since school, complete with 16 packets of crisps and half a head of hair embedded in it....

For me, it's my memory - 2*512 Twinmos PC3200 purchased from OcUK 3 years ago.

You?

...actually on reflection it's my floppy drive I've had for years, but that's too boring :p

Soldato
The Arctic silver 5, being at least 10months old is the oldest thing inside my comp :)... EDIT: infact i lied.. one of the seagates is way way older prob 6 yrs old and still going strong.

Last edited:
Associate
A 16gb maxtor ata 100, probably 6+ years old, it was given to me in an old system, and i've had it about 5 years myself. It's still going strong, and i use it for backing up save games and program executables.

Associate
Over 1 and a half year old 600w arctic JEANTEC PSU from *No competitors!* (could not wait :rolleyes: ) and its still going strong! only quibble is I have to use it UPSIDEDOWN? ever since I first got it, other wise it makes stupid loud TICKING noises during high workloads :mad: . Luckily I have always had full towers so it can draw air from above and like this its silent!!! :p

Associate
deadkomodo said:
Over 1 and a half year old 600w arctic JEANTEC PSU from *No competitors!* (could not wait :rolleyes: ) and its still going strong! only quibble is I have to use it UPSIDEDOWN? ever since I first got it, other wise it makes stupid loud TICKING noises during high workloads . Luckily I have always had full towers so it can draw air from above and like this its silent!!! :p

Damn! Had the same PSU as you got and mine died within the month, got a refund though :)

BTW, don't want to worry you but my Jeantech started ticking also and this was around 2 weeks before it died.

Had it running at i28 for a few hours and the thing just died :confused:
tryed new cables and everything and it kept blowing fuses!
Had to get a new PSU while I was there, set me back £97 but was worth it!

Anyway,

Oldest thing in my system has to be a 512MB stick of Elixir ram, about a year old I think now..

Soldato
Toss up between my RAM and my 80GB HDs. Both about 3 years old now. DVD-RW drive is the same. Not sure how old the Audigy 2 card I have is but it still sounds amazing.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure whether it is cheating here by me replying, all my components in the main PC are the same age at around 2 years old, beyond that it would have been my mouse(Intellimouse Explorer v3) which I've had for about 6 years until I replaced it recently with a G7.

Associate
Oldest to newest:

Enermax 460w PSU (dunno if it will stand upto going core2due though?)

Audigy oem (£50 inc from OcUK, thankyou)

36GB Raptor (Noisey child will be up for adoption soon!)

Soldato
Well the oldsest stuff actually in my rig is the pair of maxtor HDDs, had them just over a year.

But the oldest trhing i still use is a Plextor Premium CDRW which is in an external caddy

Associate
Probably my WD 200Gb Caviar drive at 2 years old. The rest of it was only built about 14 months ago and even now original bits have been palmed off to my Dad and I've bought new.

Man of Honour
Audigy 2 ZS, I think. Though the Seasonic S12 is quite old (though I actually moved it to another system), as are the Seagate 7200.7 hard drives :)

Associate
HAHA This one's easy ! Look at my sig, lol and theres also a sound Blaster Live Digital 5.1 card!

I think I've had my computer @ just about 4 years (or it will be in january) But upgrading next week \o/ :)

Back
Top Bottom