32 inch hdtv £1000 budget

Associate
OP
Chandler_90 said:
Ah.. its more than likely you know anyway.
I'm trying to get the misses round to the idea of buying one of these.. but she keeps saying "you can get one for £300 from asda" :rolleyes:

not what you were hoping to hear eh??!! ;)
just keep working on her, im sure you will get there in the end.

i think my plan will be to get jL to match this high street retailer then at least im safe in the knowledge of having the 5 year guarentee.

does anyone on these forums have this v2000 unit?? what are their thoughts on the unit?? does anyone have any pics of it setup?

cheers

Associate
hey

I think there's an lcd Hitachi are bringing out which is gonna be an improvement over current lcd's, supports 1080p and does a variety of other new things. It's the 32" i've decided to wait for, may be worth a look/wait.

Permabanned
We got a Sony KDL-S32A12U about 2 months ago and its the muts nuts! Excellent picture quality - great conectivity and looks amazing playing HD through Sky.

I would reccomend it to anyone! plus the price is always dropping it seems. Though it has been preceded now (possibly by one of the ones you listed, not sure) But I recon someone must have some end of line stock going for a song!

Associate
OP
i have been sat here all morning looking through av forums trying to decide what i should do.

i am thinking that for the rice of the bravia v2000 i could get the tosh wl66 that i was looking at, an xbox 360, upscaling dvd and most likely the amp and speakers i was looking at.

its not imperitive that i hook up my pc to the tv really(although it would be nice), i was only going to use it for media centre but i could alwasy use the 360 as an extender

are there any other screens i havent considered in the above list??

please help, i think my head is going to explode soon with all the choices there are!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
just been onto a high street electrical retailers website, and entered the following codes -

190546CFP (£200 off)
PRFREEDEL (Free delivery)
PRICERN02 (10% - this weekend only, though)

went for the toshiba 32wlt66 which was 899.99 on their website.

entered the above codes in and you can get it for £628.20 inc free delivery!!!

what do you guys think???

Associate
OP
JET_PILOT said:
Thats a great price for a great TV

I have one of these , just contemplating buying another at that price :)

well i sat and read the 100 page plus review on av forums before finding the codes and then decideing i would order it.

i think its an amazing price for it, considering the spec.

i couldnt justify the extra £500 quid for the sony in the end.

getting delivered on 22nd october, hopefully intime for me to set it up and watch the last grand prix of the year!! :):):)

Associate
:D
antc said:
i think its an amazing price for it, considering the spec.

........until it goes belly up just after the 1 year warranty runs out :D

It is a good deal though

The nearest thing to it is the JL price match for £749 inc 5 year warranty. So depends if a potential buyer thinks it's worth paying an extra £120 for an extra 4 years warranty.

Associate
OP
gort said:
:D

........until it goes belly up just after the 1 year warranty runs out :D

well, im sure the retailer wont forget to send me a letter about taking their "coverplan" out at somepoint during my first year of ownership.

i think i will be fairly safe ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Just found that if you make a purchase through a link from Quidco, then you get another 3.5% off! Making the TV about £607 all in.

Bit late for you antc unless you can cancel quick and reorder if it's worth the hassle.

Associate
OP
gort said:
Just found that if you make a purchase through a link from Quidco, then you get another 3.5% off! Making the TV about £607 all in.

Bit late for you antc unless you can cancel quick and reorder if it's worth the hassle.

nah had all my emails to say the order has been confirmed and they have taken payment for the unit.

good deal for you though, have you just ordered it??

Associate
Well I couldn't resist at that price forgot about quidco though

The new Tosh is going in here

|
|
|
v

garage2vp1.jpg

My converted garage :D

Associate
OP
JET_PILOT said:
Well I couldn't resist at that price forgot about quidco though

The new Tosh is going in here

|
|
|
v

garage2vp1.jpg

My converted garage :D

nice one dude. looks like you got yourslef a good room for it there.

do you have one already?? if so what are your opinions on it? any pics?

Associate
Done it!

Got the 32WLT66 too! Used Quidco.
While the free deilvery and 10% was there, I got a fridge that I was gonna buy next week anyway so saved another few notes!

My sofa isn't turning up for another 5-6 weeks so will be watching the TV whilst sitting on a garden lounger. FANTASTIC!!! :D

Associate
OP
just thought i would update to say that i have cancelled the order from currys and im now getting it for 120 more from john lewis with a 5 year warrenty

thought it was a safe bet to get the long warrenty in the end.

Associate
OP
are we all still agreeing that this is the best tv behind the bravia v2000 for watching dvds through an upscaling dvd player, xbox360 and connecting pc too??

Back
Top Bottom