Joke Email

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Got this comedy email this morning which is odviously from the premier virus marketing department.

Norton Internet Security 2007 only £35.99
============================================

NEW Norton Internet Security 2007

Stay protected from the latest online threats!

Features:
- Prevent spyware, viruses and other security risks
- Cleans systems infected with viruses and spyware
- Stronger security and data protection
- Easy to setup and use.

Only £35.99
Normal price £59.99

:p I mean come on you can get a damn good Virus for nothing there's no need to pay is there :p

Soldato
I never liked the anti-virus market. Its like solving the symptoms, instead of the problem, which is why the operating system needs to be changed.

If you have some serious disease, you go to a hospital, not take pills to reduce the pain.

Soldato
Shoseki said:
I never liked the anti-virus market. Its like solving the symptoms, instead of the problem, which is why the operating system needs to be changed.

If you have some serious disease, you go to a hospital, not take pills to reduce the pain.

By your logic when we get ill we in fact shouldn't treat it, but rewrite our DNA to make us immune to disease :D

SiriusB

Soldato
I used to write AntiVirus software many years ago, when Alan Solomon, John McAfee and Me were about the only people actively writing code and trading viruses from around the world. There were about 20 back then, all for DOS and a lot of fun to take apart. I remember laughing at Alan when he suggested that in the future there would be tens of thousands of them! :rolleyes:

Most antivirus software nowadays is complete bloatware - still scanning for DOS viruses like Jerusalem and Traceback, that have been extinct for over 15 years. Completely pointless because the only copies exist in virus collections (like mine) and will never be a threat in the real world again.

I've chosen to go with Grisofts AVG because its simple, does the job and doesn't try to take over my whole machine and slow it down noticeably.

Just my tuppence worth.

:)

Back
Top Bottom