30min Supreme Commander gameplay demonstration

Soldato
It was recorded by someone in the audience so don't expect great quality, but it does reveal some information such as when to expect it and information about a multi-player beta. I have no idea whether this is old or new, but its the first time I've seen it and I haven't seen it posted so here

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=16818

Last edited:

Bry

Bry

Associate
wow this game is looking amazing, i love the tactical nukes and defensive systems. With 200+unique units though its certainly going to offer variety.

Permabanned
ive just cum in my pants and i havent even clicked the link :( i need to get out more...

interesting to note that the guy giving the presentation is obviously a paper pusher and NOT an enthusiast... i assume this due to his comment that
"supreme commander has full support for shader 2.0 technology, state of the art special effects"
it supports it but it actually uses shader 3.0 as chris taylor said himself on the gas powerd games forums :) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What I'm wondering is does this game have a single player story campaign? I've seen my fair shar of trailers and videos, but none of the seemed to mention a single player story. Before everyone tells me multiplayer is where the funs at I already know ;), but this has been bothering me for a while and I can't seem to find information about it.

Soldato
Nucleo said:
can see some slowdowns in the vid =/ hope they manage to optimize the code some more.
Yeah I noticed the same.

I'm seriously considering on upgrading my PC just for this game.

I haven't found a RTS as of yet that is on par or better than age of empires 2 :(

Permabanned
kalanium said:
What I'm wondering is does this game have a single player story campaign? I've seen my fair shar of trailers and videos, but none of the seemed to mention a single player story. Before everyone tells me multiplayer is where the funs at I already know ;), but this has been bothering me for a while and I can't seem to find information about it.

www.supremecommander.com theres a huge single player story, youl find info + a timeline on the war, background on the races, units, the works. go sign up and read!!!! :D

Permabanned
Mp4 said:
When does the beta start does anyone know?

its already started, applications are closed, they had severl hundred apply :(

is this the first multi threaded game ever??? Total annihilation was the first game to use polygons, it would be quite fitting if this one set a new standard too.

Associate
Some more news:

Fileplanet may be announcing beta sign up for supreme commander on Monday.

If you go to fileplanet you will see a little news thingy in the top - " Stay tuned folks, FilePlanet has some news about Supreme Commander on Monday. You know, that awesome RTS game . . ."

Also on the Gas powered games forum everyone is chatting about it so it looks like fileplanet is getting some beta keys :)

Back
Top Bottom